J's asian cafe
2013.01.11 06:06 thecakepie Asian Beauty
A place to discuss beauty brands, cosmetics, and skincare from Asia.
2019.04.29 20:48 bluesoul The SCP Café Podcast
The SCP Café Podcast is hosted by bluesoul, moderator of the SCP Foundation wiki.
2012.05.19 01:20 Nokel Japanese Football News and Discussions
Discussion and news for all levels of Japanese football, including the national team.
2023.02.02 14:10 bradextiohipast open vagina for sex alanah rae fucking movies underwater bikini girl download mp4 yuki hodaka porn jessica jones sexy grannies fucked and creampied moon bottom cafe women giving oral asian dating customs the asian games in qatar bbw black mother s and daughter s doubleteam black men
submitted by bradextiohipast to u/bradextiohipast [link] [comments]
2023.02.02 04:16 EFTRSx1 Just a normal standard British cafe, nothing out of the ordinary to see here!
2023.02.01 20:29 redditduk [Mega List] Music Gigs & Concerts in Singapore: Valentines (1 - 15 Feb 2023)
Update 3 Feb: Some new last min gigs in italics Festive Highlights:
Chingay Parade, Huayi Festival.
01/02 Wed: Huayi Week @ esplanade
- Cigarettes After Sex - Sold Out!, capitol theatre city hall, $110
- Sonic Brew: Original Music Showcase & Dance Party, BISOUX @ GR.iD Selegie Dhoby Ghaut, $10 with 1 beer
- Cool Cats: Jordan Wei Trio (jazz), JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- PipaCAN! Spring Eternal (Chinese Pipa Chamber Music) , esplanade, free
- DJ, Potato Head: Suren (hip-hop), Potato head Keong Siak Maxwell-Outram, Grill & Bar $35 free flow for ladies
- DJ, Offtrack: Nightcap Anniversary with DJ Itch (Asian Rare Grooves, City Pop) and Dean Chew (funk bstrd DTW), offtrack hong lim, gastro bar
- Opera Gala Spectacular ft. Warren Mok, Samuel Huang & Wang Bing Bing & Nancy Yuen by SG Lyric Opera (Puccini, Verdi etc), VCH, $18
- NUS Yong Siew Toh Conservatory: Concerto Orchestral Institute Prizewinners Showcase ft. Liu Jiaqi, zou meng, nuttakamon supattranont, nus yst, $10
- Felicia Teo & Benjamin Lim - Classic Art Songs (Huayi), esplanade, free
- Cool Cats: Tribute to Toots Thielemans: Luca Ciarla Trio ft. Mike Del Ferro (jazz,classical) 1st day, JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- Candlelight: Best of Joe Hisaishi by Vocalise String Quartet, arts house city hall, $39
- DJ, Offtrack: Bongomann + FZPZ (on guitar), Daryl Knows (house, tech), offtrack hong lim, gastro listening bar
- DJ, Wild Pearl micro club - Live Radio 004 with Alphonsine Koh (SG/DE house), chinatown pearl's hill terrace, $10
- DJ, Fukai: Open Format, Reopening ft kidd royale & kennerve, fukai chijmes, bar-club
- DJ, Phuture: I'mNotOkay! presents Che'Molly & Cheske (emo pop-punk, alt rock), zouk-phuture, $23
03/02 Fri: Chingay
- Chingay Parade 2023: Embrace Tomorrow Day 1 (floats and talent parade), f1 pit building promenade, $20
- FRIDAY NIGHT THRASH by PROHIBITED PROJECTS headliner: Pulvinar (NZ crust-grind) plus chipdoom, hardcore, metal acts, projector x: old cathay, $20 walk in cos presale over
- Sinmahui 新马会: SG-MY Hip Hop Night (ft ShiGGa Shay, Tosh Rock, Zadon, J.M3, Cykko) , Esplanade, $35
- Earl Grey Teh C Gah Dai: Lorong Boys (David Loke, Rit Xu, Eugene Chew, Gabriel Hoe, Joachim Lim megagroup) & Gordon Lee (HK) - Chinese fusion classical jazzy pop Day 1, Esplanade, $35 standard, if <26y.o cheaper link
- Gao Mei Gui - Best Singing Competition Hits (Huayi), esplanade, free
- The TENG Ensemble - Once Upon a Time 2023 Chinese-English pop classics and TENG’s take on Lo-Fi - 1st gig , Vivocity, $4
- Jazz Loft: Pekka Pylkkänen Quartet (FIN, saxophonist) - 1st night, blu jaz bali ln, $22
- Maduro: From Mozart to Brahms: A Classical Piano Evening with Geoffrey Lim ft. Natalie Ng, maduro dempsey, $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Tribute to Toots Thielemans: Luca Ciarla Trio ft. Mike Del Ferro (jazz,classical) 2nd day, JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- Temasek Polytechnic Band - Tapestry: MELODY – Avec L’Expression XII: Onward, Our Muse , temasek poly tampines, $5
- Candlelight: Vivaldi's Four Seasons by Vocalise String Quartet, arts house city hall, $39
- DJ, Sivilian Affairs x VIBRATE ft Mis Lil & Sivanesh (acid jazz, psych), Eriko Murakami (trombonist, brass jazz). Taala. Raja Rani and Mantra Vine (funk, house, electroswing), kult kafe turf club, $35
- DJ, Unfiltered Presents Flashback Friday (2000s Hits), hard rock orchard, $25
- DJ, Zouk: Phuture Underground with Che'Molly & J. Goh (house, techno), zouk-phuture, $45 can go to zouk
- DJ, Zouk: One Dance with Hong & Jeremy Boon, zouk, $45 can go to phuture
- DJ, Cherry Discotheque 3.0 Reopening Weekend: Day 1 , cherry cbd cecil st, $30
- DJ, Offtrack: Tropika in House with DJ Ramesh (could be tropical house, rare grooves, boogie), offtrack hong lim, gastro listening bar
- DJ, Fukai: Open Format DJ ft sam rove & red], fukai chijmes, bar-club
- DJ, Potato Head: DJ KFC & Shigeki (disco funk soul night), potato head keong saik, bar & grill
- DJ, iKi Invites MODAL: MISSFITS ft. aya, bella and vix (dark, industrial, techno), iki riverwalk, $27
- DJ, Amy’s Wine Bar: Mako, holland village, natural wine centric music bar
- DJ, Club Hell: Barbie's Dream Hell with Tiara Sorrel (drag queen, queer friendly), club hell, 113 Telok Ayer near lau pa sat, $45 liquid buffet
- DJ, vinyls only: not so top-secret spin sesh with dj itch, wargh, hiddy, zai, mich, good luck @ haji ln, free
- DJ, Thugshop Presents - PACO OSUNA (ESP, house), tuff club cbd, $42
- Eric Moo (sg-my-tw xinyao legend) 红尘来去梦太傻巫启贤演唱会 , Resorts World Sentosa, $48
- Accusefive 告五人 “Lost And Found” - (tw indie pop rock) - Sold Out, esplanade, $50
- Elephant Gym 大象体操 "Dreams" - (tw math rock) - Limited tix release 24h before, supposedly, esplanade, $50
- Chingay Parade 2023: Embrace Tomorrow Day 2 (floats and talent parade), f1 pit building promenade, $20
- Kailin Yong Trio - Folk Reimagined (huayi), esplanade, free
- The Shang Sisters & WVC Jazz (MY) - A Nanyang Jazz Fest (huayi), esplanade, free
- Let’s Sing Nursery Rhymes! with 3 o'Hearts jazzy band, esplanade, free
- Earl Grey Teh C: Lorong Boys (David Loke, Rit Xu, Eugene Chew, Gabriel Hoe, Joachim Lim megagroup) & Gordon Lee (HK) - Chinese fusion classical jazzy pop, last day, Esplanade, $35 standard <26y.o cheaper link
- Contemporary Chinese Music Theatre: The Drought Goddess · Dream of the World (Nanguan & Beiguan fusion music, puppetry), esplanade, $45
- Asian Cultural Symphony Orchestra 团圆庆元宵 Reunion, VCH, $28
- The TENG Ensemble - Once Upon a Time 2023 Chinese-English pop classics and TENG’s take on Lo-Fi - last gig , Vivocity, $4
- Maduro: Michelle SgP & The Boyz - Groovin Jazzin' Reinterpretations of classic pop-rock, maduro dempsey, $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Tribute to Toots Thielemans: Luca Ciarla Trio ft. Mike Del Ferro (jazz,classical) last day, JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- Jazz Loft: Pekka Pylkkänen Quartet (FIN, saxophonist) - last night, blu jaz bali ln, $22
- Honey Queen's Burlesque - a Musical Theatre Cabaret Experience (Queer Friendly), orchard towers, $37
- Sing & Greet 2023 By Vox Camerata (non auditioned choral jam), aliwal arts ctr, free
- Candlelight: Queen, A Tribute Show by Vox String Quartet, arts house city hall, $39
- New Screening: Class Acts - A Documentary of Singapore's 1990s Creative Scene (Arts, Music), the projector @ golden mile, $15
- DJ, Gothic Romantic! a night for the melancholic hearts and minds (darkwave, post-punk, industrial), CHIPS Cafe And Pub Orchard, $25
- DJ, Culture x Zyrup Media: Pop Queens Night with Vira Suria, Marshmallowman, SoundsOfFai & Clammr, projector x: old cathay, $27
- DJ, CÉ LA VI Pres. FABIO NEURAL (ITA house & techno), ce la vi mbs, $38
- DJ, Two Men Bagel House x Rumors Beach Club: Kaye, David Howarth, Matty Wainwright (house, disco), rumors beach club sentosa, gastro bar
- DJ, Habouji Presents Dirty Juicy Vol III Ft. D3llsy (hiphop), luxe club marina sq, $30
- DJ, Offtrack TEMPO: Munir with Dean Chew (IDN, house, disco, funk), offtrack hong lim, $15 tickets gone
- DJ, Hazel's Guestlist presents Sand Bar Beach Fiesta (Reggaeton, Hip Hop, Top 40), siloso beach sentosa, $22
- DJ, Queer-friendly: Bring Your Own Trunks Pool Party (circuit music), sofitel tanjong pagar, $50
- DJ, POOL FIESTA - Vivo Latino (reggaeton, latin dance), rooftop 139 cecil st CBD, $15
- DJ, Tuff Club: One with Aldrin (house, techno),
- DJ, Thugshop Presents - All Night Long with VALENTINO MORA (FRE GER deep ambient techno), headquarters boat quay, $37
- DJ, Cherry Discotheque 3.0 Reopening Day 2 , cherry cbd cecil st, $30
- DJ, Vertigo26: 80s Smash Hits Night with kidg of eatmepoptart, museum of toys city hall seah st, listening bar
- DJ, Potato Head: Jamie Hall + Anwar J (house, tech night), keong saik, bar & grill
- DJ, Amy’s Wine Bar: DJ Zai (funk, soul, trip-hop), holland village lor liput, natural wine centric music bar
- DJ, Revelry Pre-party @ Barouv ft Joshua Dillon, Krave, Lenerd, Gabereal, maxwell scarlet hotel, bar no fee
- DJ, Revelry - Foxela, LENERD, Joshua Dillon, Knightndae (edm), iki riverwalk, $22
- DJ, EATMEPOPTART: The Kids Are Alright (weelikeme, fantastic dino) - pop, moonstone amoy st. telok ayer, gastro bar (table or walk-in)
- DJ, Ferry Corsten (aka System F, Gouryella, NED Trance legend), marquee mbs, $45
- Stray Kids 2nd World Tour "MANIAC" , indoor stadium, $168
- ANPU 安铺 “the way to you: Singapore” (mando indie-ish singer-songwriter), esplanade， $50
- Disney's Frozen - The Hit Broadway Musical till 19 MARCH, MBS, $88
- HOUSE PARTY with Yuresh, FUDGY, The Midnight Suns & Sadat of Afrodiasia (blues, bedroom garage rock, folk, afro eclectic), sixteen ounces the rail mall hillview, $25
- NUS Chinese Orchestra - Jubilance (huayi), esplanade, free
- A Flutey Affair - Chinese Period Dramas OST (huayi), esplanade, free
- Jazz Loft: Sunday Jam Session with Rachma Lim Trio, blu jaz bali ln, free
- Vasantham Star 2023 - LIVE Shows Ep 6 register early, mediacorp one-north, free
- Emmanuel Symphony Orchestra: Spring is in the Air - NLB Time of Your Life , woodlands regional library, free with reg
- Music for Wellness: Drum Jam (Bi Monthly), chinatown, $17
- Drawing to Music & Stories (Art Workshop, Bi Monthly), tekka place, pay as you wish
- DJ, Two Men Bagel House x Rumors Beach Club: Brendon P, Matty Wainwright (house, disco, balaeric), rumors beach club sentosa, gastro bar
- DJ, Queer-friendly Open Mic Drag Night: Werq, Neil Conversion Clinic maxwell-outram, bar
- DJ, Wild Pearl 005: Iyer & Scatta (US/SG footwork, juke). pearls hill terrace chinatown, $10 with drink
- Mamamoo World Tour - 1st gig, the star theatre buona vista, $128
- Summer Salt (indie surf, bedroom pop), Scape Orchard, $75
- Ostinato – An Exploration of Groove by Sarah Ng & Justin Jaramillo (Spectrum Platform Contemporary classical: Arvo Part, John Adams, Corigliano), esplanade, free
- NUS EMCC Combined Hall Ensemble Concert (ghibli, disney, undertale, queen etc), NUS UCC, free, but i think sold out
- Jazz Loft: MONTUNICO, EDICIÓN DESCARGA by Ernesto Enriquez (CUB, jazz fusion), blu jaz bali ln, $24
- Cool Cats: Wei Xiang Trio (jazz pianist), JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- DJ, Potato Head: DJ K (hip hop night), potato head keong saik, ladies $35 free flow, bar & grill
- DJ, AVE8 Platform - I was curious and apparently robin kidg is playing here, resorts world sentosa, unsure could be free
- Blue 20th Anniversary Heart & Soul Tour, Mediacorp One-North, $128
- Mamamoo World Tour - last gig sold out, the star theatre buona vista, $128
- PANJABI MC - Tour, Sector 26 Somerset, $40 1 drink
- Passion and Tragedy by Classical Pianists Geoffrey Lim & Natalie Ng (Schubert, Piazzolla’s Oblivion), esplanade, free
- NUS Yong Siew Toh Conservatory: Emergence YST Graduating Cohort Concert, vch, $10
- NAFA Concert Series: Piano Plus (Dvorak, Schubert, Guilant, Ralph Williams, Moszkowski), NAFA Lee Foundation Theatre, free with reg
- Cool Cats: Gayatri (IDN vocal jazz) 1st gig , JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Jay Chou by Celeste Syn 冼佩瑾, arts house city hall, $45
- DJ, Offtrack: Digging in India offtrack hong lim, gastro listening bar
- DJ, Afterlife presents Cupid's Inferno Rave ft KIARA, Vira from Culture & scrvple, prism marina sq, $29
- Laselle Rock & Indie Festival 2023: Feb 10 Layyi, Krysta Joy, Aggresive Raisin Cat (metalcore, reg), Made With Monsters (alt rock, reg), laselle college of arts rochor, free, some req peatix reg
- Esplanade Band Week!: NUS YST Brass Quintet @ Courtyard Lawn , NAFA Wind Ensemble @ Concourse, PAssionArts Wind Ensemble @ Outdoor Theatre, esplanade, free
- Life by Nanyang Collective (eastern and western classical fusion), Conducted by Ding Yi Music's Dedric Wong, esplanade, $30
- Budak Pantai: LOVE YOU LONG TIME (Acoustic quintet), pasir panjang power station (labrador park), $38
- Jazz Loft: Kersley Piron Band (MAU, jazz fusion), blu jaz bali ln, $24
- Maduro: Jazz with Brazilian Twist by Rachma Lim Trio ft. Maya Raisha, maduro dempsey, $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Gayatri (IDN vocal jazz) 2nd gig , JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- NTU Piano Ensemble: Evening at the Theatre, esplanade library, free, seats fully booked but standing in ok
- DJ, Kings of Bass 006 feat. VORTEX (Andy Leong) & DARREN DUBWISE, jac, swltkr, aka sounds (jungle, uk bass, ukg, d&b), 62 cecil street tpi building/modular, $22
- DJ, EATMEPOPTART: We Are Your Friends w adrian, robin, hedger (indie sleaze era, pop electronic rock), zouk phuture, $26
- DJ, YES YOU Dirty Blonde Takeover ft headliner - JonnyVicious (KL, Shagrilla), suntec city dirty blonde, $30
- DJ, WM Records Presents: The Parlour (techno, 'brutal' acid house), the parlour owen rd, $22
- DJ, RETRO NIGHT with DJ Jag, furama riverfront havelock, $22
- DJ, Get Real ft KoFlow (2000s Hip Hop x RnB x Reggaeton), ikigai riverwalk, $16
- DJ, Potato Head: Aurora (disco funk soul night) potato head keong saik, bar & grill
- DJ, Offtrack: MZA and Wargh (JPN) offtrack hong lim, gastro listening bar
- DJ, Marquee Presents Beauz (pop edm), marquee mbs, $45
- DJ, Thugshop Presents - FRAZI.ER (SECOND STATE, SCO techno), headquarters boat quay, $37
- DJ AFRODISIA 16: Afro house, rare grooves etc, projector x: old cathay, $12
- DJ, THEMBA (afro house), ce la vi mbs, $38
- KANGDANIEL CONCERT FIRST PARADE, indoor stadium, $128
- SANAM (indian pop-rock), capitol theatre city hall, $80
- ROSES: Subsonic eye, Saints Amongst Sinners, Aggressive Raisin Cat, Thy Howler (sg indie rock, metalcore, shoegaze), esplanade, $43- $5 with this
- Laselle Rock & Indie Festival 2023: Feb 11 MRTNS, Venus Landing, Krunkle (indie noise pop, reg), monda(e) (math rock, reg), laselle rochor, free with some peatix reg
- Esplanade Band Week! : T Band plays Anime Songs @ Concourse, nWinds Ensemble plays pop & big-band @ Outdoor, Ho Ho Ho's Love Jam @ Concourse, ITE West Harmony plays Ghibli Disney Pop @ Courtyard, Play-along with nWinds - Open Wind Jam Session @ Outdoor, esplanade, all free
- Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) ft. Lise de la Salle & Stefann Blunier: Gershwin’s Piano Concerto, esplanade, $15
- SINGAPORE INDIAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (SISO) 2023 Valentine's Day Special Grand Musical Live, Kreta Ayer People's Theatre, $25
- SIM Guitar Club: Behind The Strings VIII Sgraffito, SIM, $10
- Jazz Loft: IRESON Latin Jazz Quintet (MEX, latin jazz)], blu jaz bali ln, $24
- Maduro: (Jazz) Derivatives & Originals by David Loke Quintet, maduro dempsey, $65 drink credits
- Cool Cats: Gayatri (IDN vocal jazz) last gig , JW Mariott Beach Rd, no cover bar
- Piacer d'amor - A Vocal Recital, armenian church city hall, $30
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Taylor Swift by Pianist Adriana Chiew, arts house city hall, $53
- DJ, Thugshop's XXL - new large venue @ Modular CBD, with MADe, Deen & Vaibs (techno, house), telok ayer cbd, $42
- DJ, POP UP! CLUB - LOVE BITES 2023 (pre VDAY party for everybody by Party Social) open format, house, levant rooftop bar (maxwell), $20
- DJ, MANIFEST Tribal Freqs Vol 2 - Tiabeanie, Mantravine and RPDM (house + live music), Bisoux Gr.ID Dhoby, $35
- DJ, Crash Cartel x Kanani: MY DEAR VALENTINE Top 40, EDM, V Sing Bugis Point, $25
- DJ, Uncaged with Muttiah Ashnim and Acrobat (techno, melodic house), ikigai riverwalk, $27
- DJ, GrooveTop: House Of Hearts Bali Takeover ft Cristal No.5(funk, afro, hip hop, house etc), Barbary Coast Raffles place, $25
- DJ, Capital Zouk: Transfix with Effen & Aaron Sim (trance, potentially 22> year old only), Capital Zouk, $50
- DJ, Potato Head: Dodgy Yamamoto (house, tech night), keong saik, bar & grill
- DJ, Offtrack: Brendon P & Matty Wainwright (house, nudisco) offtrack hong lim, gastro listening bar
- DJ, Vertigo26: Funk Fenomena by kidg
aka roby-never mind, museum of toys city hall seah st, listening bar
- DJ, Marquee Revolution with DJ Zippy (Future Rave edm), marquee mbs, $45
- DJ, SUNNY SIDE UP: QUEER BRUNCH PARTY with vaibs, shigeki, gaychavdj (house, tech), fomo homo
- DJ, Queer: Intervention: yetpet BBbaloo, St John's Brigade, secret - eclectic, projector x: old cathay, $20
- DJ, Queer: Sweatshop Naughty Valentines: DJ Enzo King (MY), TackThai (TH) - Circuit Music, Prism marina sq, $55
- DJ, THE KASICUNT BALL: HOMECOMING ft Kansh (xaetherx), Bobby Luo and Elden Zachery, been told its a 'ballroom vogue event (Queer), 200 turf club, $32
- DJ, Sivilian Affairs presents Chocolate City: Halal Sol, HBN, Sivanesh, James Selva, Jonny vicious (MY) - house, disco, techno, golden mile, $30
- DJ, Darker Than Wax BREW x CSHH - ft Hugo LX (FRA downtempo) Sold Out, Chye Seng Huat Cafe Bendemeer, $25
- The Vamps: Greatest Hits Tour, the theatre mediacorp one-north, $108
- Esplanade Band Week!: SIT Symphonique plays Hisaishi, Michael Jackson @ concourse, NOVO Saxophone Quintet plays Ryuichi Sakamoto & Hisaishi @ courtyard, Ventus Wind Quintet plays Tchaikovsky @ concourse, New Gen Wind Symphony: Classical Crossover & bagpipe! @ outdoor, esplanade, all free
- Voices of Nanyang by Impressions of Nanyang Arts Association, Beautiful Sunday, esplanade, free with reg
- Wanderlust with Bossa Celli, Chapter 1: Cello in Spain , esplanade, $28
- SSO: Love is in the Air - plays Robert and Clara Schumann, VCH, $20
- Jazz Loft: Sunday Jam Session with Rachma Lim Trio, blu jaz bali ln, free
- Candlelight: Magical Movie Soundtracks by Gabriel Hoe, arts house city hall, $53 tix
- Drawing to Music & Stories (Art Workshop), tekka place, pay as you wish
- Vasantham Star 2023 - LIVE Shows Ep 7 register early, mediacorp one-north, free
14/02 Valentines Tue
- Phoebe Bridgers Reunion Tour - new gig, esplanade, $90
- Musicians' Initiative Wind Quintet - Love Songs and Popular Classics, esplanade, free
- SMU SoundFoundry Valentine’s Day concert, smu t-junction (bras basah mrt exit), free?
- Sinclair Ang & His Rhythmakers: Valentine's Day (swing jazz) + Free Optional Lindy Hop Trial, blu jaz bali ln, $24
- P U L S E - piano duo Shane Thio & Nicholas Loh + Percussion duo Eugene Toh & Yiang Shan (chamber music, contemporary classical), esplanade, $24
- Candlelight: Valentine's Day Special ft. "Romeo and Juliet" by Vocalise String Quartet, arts house city hall, left $67 tix
- DJ, Vertigo26: music for horny folks by kidg, museum of toys city hall seah st, listening bar
- DJ, Lucha Loco Presents Hearts Go Loco: Anti-Valentine's Day ft. DJ Abedelux (black tropik), tarot card reading, Duxton Hill - Maxwell, mexican gastro bar
Feel free to post any event in the comments. Also any last minute tickets to sell (near face value only).
- Phoebe Bridgers Reunion Tour - Last Gig, esplanade, $90
- OpusNovus and Dr. Lien Boon Hua, plays Murder Ballades by Bryce Dessner (The National): Spectrum Platform (contemporary classical, folk), esplanade, free
- Xinmin Secondary School Choir, esplanade, $15
- DJ, CÉ LA VI — Pillow Talk (Singles Party), ce la vi mbs, $38
- DJ, Potato Head: Jonas Lion (BEL, hip hop night), potato head keong saik, ladies $35 free flow, bar & grill
- DJ, Zouk: Phuture Presents Rattle & Caden - cute art (experimental, hip-hop), zouk-phuture, $45
submitted by redditduk
to singaporemusicchat [link] [comments]
2023.02.01 18:54 -en- @AP: Yelp proactively removed more than 2,000 posts containing racist hate speech in 2022 — a nearly 10-fold increase over the year before. The largest increase was seen in reviews denigrating Asian Americans and Asian American-owned businesses. https://t.co/jsWT5njSuX
submitted by -en- to newsbotbot [link] [comments]
2023.02.01 16:25 Drigmo Epic list of best eats & stays in Mexico City, . This list was curated with so much love and attention!
This list was shared with me over WhatsApp. I tried to track down the maker 'Riri', but after a chain of 4 people deep: dead end :(
 Some suggestions from *real* locals over at MexicoCity
- Barbacoa Los Trea Reyes
- Casa de los Abuelos
- Casa de Toño
- Toks is a pretty decent mexican chain with great offerings (love their Mayan Chilaquiles).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ROMA/CONDESA \
Indicates places not to be missed. For restaurants, make sure to make reservations early on.*
DINNER *EM – culinary experience. *La Docena – Heavenly seafood in an upbeat bistro atmosphere. *Lardo – A local favorite from the owners of Rosetta. Light Mediterranean fare. *Maximo Bistro – Some of the best food in town from renowned Chef Lalo. *Meowi – Secret sake and Japanese food spot. *Parnita – A favorite with the local young crowd. Great Mexican cuisine. *Pizza Felix – Fun, local favorite bar and pizza spot. *Rosetta – Upscale in a beautiful, romantic colonial setting. *Sartoria – Best Italian, gorgeous design. Azul – Mexican at its finest. Bulla – Tapas and wine in this lively spot. Casa Awolly – Lively with a great rooftop and eclectic design. Casa Virginia – A classic favorite, more formal. Huset – Wonderful outdoor space with excellent Mexican cuisine. Hint: they have beautiful apartments for rent short term.
Izakaya Kura – Popular with local favorite Japanese. La Bodeguita del Medio – Authentic Cuban with live music. Where Mojitos were born. Maki – Yummy Japanese. Meroma – Gastronomical adventure in a chic space. Mog Bistro – Casual Asian eatery in a casual, lively space with everything from curry to sushi to ramen. Open late and on Sundays. Nam – Casual curry and Japanese, a local favorite. San Tu – Hip sake and hand-roll eatery. Sesame – Divine Asian street food. Tres Galeones – Popular Tacos! Umai – Beautiful secret garden with delicious Japanese food. Yoru – Casual and popular Japanese spot.
LUNCH *Contramar – “See-and-be-seen” while eating some of the best seafood in the city in this popular lunch spot. *Expendio de Maíz – Stone oven cooked, beautiful Mexican food. Menu changes daily. Casual and authentic experience. *Husman – casual café with delicious light bites. *Lardo - A local favorite from the owners of Rosetta. Light Mediterranean fare. *Pigeon – Under the radar and the food is epic. Angelopolitano – Known for their mole! Basico – Cute café. Cuina – Food academy, restaurant and bakery. Delirio – Grab a quick, fresh bite at this casual eatery and café. El Califa – Popular tacos! Parnita – Arguably the most fun and popular spot for authentic Mexican fare. Yakumanka – Peruvian seafood eatery.
BREAKFAST *Lalo – From the owner of Maximo Bistro, this laid back spot is a local favorite. *Lardo – A local favorite from the owners of Rosetta. Light Mediterranean fare. *Marmota – Seattle meets Mexico brunch in this gorgeous space. Breakfast – Sweet and romantic in a beautiful colonial building. Delirio – Grab a quick, fresh bite at this casual eatery and café. Maque – You’ll feel like you’re in a Parisian bakery, overlooking beautiful Parque Mexico. Ojo de Agua – Fresh juices and massive portions make this the best hangover spot in town. Best matcha in town.
NIGHTLIFE *Phonique – Funky vinyl discoteque hidden in Juarez. *Sique – Secret spot in Condesa. *Supra – The most spectacular views of the city in a Tulum-inspired setting. Departmento – Always lively and fun with a hip young crowd. Toledo – Hip, lively, trendy, beautiful rooftop.
BARS *Limantour – Named one of 50 best bars in Latin America. *Loup – Casual, laid back, great wine list. *Maison Artemisia – Sexy, romatinc, boudoir vibe. Just upstairs from Loup. *Supra – Spectacular, not to be missed views. Also serves delicious food. Aurora – Chic, fun and has a nice outdoor patio. Awolly – Great rooftop and lively scene. Baltra – Small and intimate. Casa Franca – Check out their jazz bar upstairs. Sexy boudoir vibes. El Palenquito – Casual, local’s favorite for mezcal. Felina Bar – Dark and sexy. Gin Gin – Upbeat and always lively. La Botica – Casual, small distillery focused mezcal. La Clandestina – Fun mezcal focused bar. Tras Patio – Casual, fun outdoor bar with great music, food and cocktails.
Amsterdam Market Naval (liquor store with huge selection) Ojo de Agua Origenes Organicos Tlapaleria Gastronomica Verum
COFFEE & TEA *Panaderia Rosetta – Best pastries in town. *Quentin – Tiny, chic, some of the best coffee in town. Blend – Popular coworking in a lively atmosphere and great coffee. Buna – Considered some of the coffee best in town. Chiquitito Cafe – A local’s favorite with great coffee. Delirio - Grab a quick, fresh bite at this casual eatery and café. Freim’s – Casual with a nice little garden. Tea Connection – Great for a light bite and cup of tea.
SHOPPING *Carla Fernandez – Best clothing designer in Mexico. *Happenings – Clothes, home goods etc... 180 – Vintage. Amor y Rosas – Clothing and accessories by Mexican designers. Apartment 25 – Designers including Comme des Garcons. Arto Otra – Art and collectibles. Back to Life – Fun vintage shop. Caarmela – Mexican designers. Casa Bosques – Books and stuff. Columpio – Fun local designers. Common People – Selection of high end designers. Dafrehica – Mexican designers. Home – Selection of clothing and homewares. Metate – Small and cute shop of traditional Mexican goods. Mooni – Gallery of young artists. Framed and inexpensive. Vintage Hoe – Great vintage from a Los Angeles costume designer.
ART & CULTURE
*Galeria OMR *Maia Contemporary House of Gaga Lulu Gallery Machete Galleria Proyecto Paralelo Proyectos Monclova Toca Traeger & Pinto
*Condesa DF *Ignacia House *La Valise *Nima Local House *Octavia Casa. Brick Hotel Casa Comtesse Casa Nuevo Leon Hippodrome Hotel Izta 54 Hotel Parque Mexico Local Way (apartments) Red Tree House Ryo Ka
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ THE REST OF CDMX \
Indicates places not to be missed. For restaurants make sure to make reservations early on.*
DINNER *Elly’s – Go for the design, vinyl records playing, adjacent bar, upstairs lounge and wine room. Stay for the impeccable food. *Havre 77 – From Maximo Bistro’s Chef Lalo in a beautiful colonial building. *Masala y Maiz – Mexico meets India meets East Africa. *Pujol – One of the world’s 50 best restaurants. And for good reason. *Taverna – beautiful ambience and delicious food. *Tetetlan – Eat divine Mexican cuisine inside a beautiful library. They have a beautiful shop of local Mexican goods. Check out Casa Pedregal (Luis Barragan project) just next door. Azul Histórico – Sister restaurant to the Condesa location in a beautiful historical hotel. Cansino San Miguel – Chic and casual, known for their pizza. Entramar – Sister restaurant to Contramar. Los Danzantes – Traditional Oaxacan cuisine in the charming Coyocan neighborhood. Puntarena – Garden restaurant with seafood-forward menu in Centro. Quintonil – Ranked 24 on the 50 of the World’s Best Restaurants list. Rokai – The best Japanese in Mexico (also check out their adjacent ramen spot). Sud 777 – Another one on the 50 of the World’s Best Restaurants list. Ticuchi – Chef Enrique Olvera’s (Pujol) new spot. Great place to share small dishes. All pescatarian menu in a chic, all black space.
LUNCH *Nico’s – A 60 year-old lunch institution and one of Anthony Bourdain’s favorites. Bravo Loncheria – An old-school casual diner concept for foodies. Café Cicatriz – A favorite amongst chefs. Café Nin – From the owner’s of Rosetta. El Bajio – All-female kitchen staff serving home-style Mexican food. Has several locations in the city. La Galeria Cafe – Vegan friendly hidden gem. San Angel Inn – Go for brunch and check out Diego & Frida’s studios just next door afterwards.
BREAKFAST El Cardenal – Traditional Mexican breakfast with multiple locations.
*Phonique Loo Loo Normandie Odessa Yuyu
*Hanky Panky *Tokyo Music Bar *Xaman Bosforo Mezcaleria Jules Basement The Comrade
MUSEUMS *Frida Kahlo Museum (need reservation) *Jumex *Museo de Antropologia *Tomayo Arte Contemporaneo Chapultapec Castle & Park Franz Mayer Museo Anahuacalli Museo Dolores Olmedo Museo Mural Diego Rivera Museo Nacional de Arte Museo Universitario Palacio de Bellas Artes Soumaya Templo Mayor UMAM Sculpture Garden
SHOPPING *Casa Caballeria – Sophisticated men’s streetwear. *Ikal – Best in clothing and homewares. *Lago – Best in clothing and homewares. *Lagunilla Antiques Market – Sunday antiques market. *Onora – Best in homewares. *Simple by Trista – Chic Mexican designer. *Xinu Perfumes – Immersive perfume experience. Boyfriend Shirt – Chic Mexican designer. Ciudedela Market – Local Mexican crafts and textiles. El Bazaar Sábado – Fun crafts market. Jett – High-end fashion brands. La Lonja Mercantil – Contemporary Mexican market. Lemon Chic – Contemporary multi-brand shop. Loose Blues – Hip vintage shop plus restaurant. Rodrigo Rivero Lake – Art and antiques. Yakampot – Mexican designer.
ART & CULTURE *Casa Barragan (need reservation) *Casa Estudio Diego Rivera y Frida Kahlo (need reservation) *Casa Organica (need reservation) *Casa Pedregal (need reservation) *Kurimanzutto Gallery *Xochimilco *Zocalo Casa Rivas Mercado Ballet Folklorico de Mexico Biblioteca Jose Vasconcelos Casa Gilardi Cineteca Nacional Galeria Labor Lucha Libre Marso Gallery Metropolitan Cathedral Palacio de Correos Palacio de Mineria
*Orchid House *Pug Seal Busue Chaya Bed & Breakfast El Patio 77 (sustainable & eco-friendly) Four Seasons Hotel Carlota Hotel Habita Stara Hamburgo Wild Oscar
DESTINATIONS Malinalco – A town associated with magic or sorcery due to the legend that it was the home the goddess Malinalxóchitl. Nautilus House – Seashell shaped house by famed architect Javier Senosiain. Puebla – Known for it’s pottery and classic Talaversa tile design. San Miguel de Allende – The most picturesque town in Mexico. Teotihuacan Pyramids – Ancient Mesoamerican city. Tepoztlan – Pueblo magico just an hour outside of the city. Valle de Bravo – Beautiful lake and forest getaway about two hours outside of the city. Xilitla – magical gardens set in a rainforest.
submitted by Drigmo
to restaurantlists [link] [comments]
2023.02.01 14:34 wigwmwsfxd Spanish Asian Gspot Squirt In Cafe
2023.02.01 13:08 iakhryzlaf Spanish Asian Squirts In Cafe
2023.02.01 10:18 Crafty-Brush3686 Asian Cafe in Munich 😄 had to order it
2023.02.01 06:23 LNERA1 A Vietnamese Student's Pointless thoughts on CalDining's "Pho Bar" and How it can Improve
The execution of the phở bar at Foothill today was although very interesting, below CalDining expectations, which really says something for many Cal students. If you disagree and think the phở was good, please tell me to help me prove I'm going insane and elaborate why. I'd like to point out possible suggestions to improve the 'pho bar' experience if they would like to reintroduce it. I'll be sending these suggestions in the CalDining feedback form but thought it would be nice to share these with others.
Before I give my suggestions. Here are some things I did enjoy from the phở bar today.
- There were plenty of ingredients for us to add including bean sprouts, lime, cilantro, leaves (can't remember what kind), brisket (which actually might have been the tri-tip), and much more! There was even a condiment section with chili, hoisin, and fish sauce! I genuinely felt like I was at a phở restaurant for a brief moment.
- The label for fish sauce was "nuoc nam" <-spelled exactly that way. I was very impressed that CalDining used the Vietnamese name for fish sauce. I'm more familiar with it being spelled as 'nước mắm', spelled with an 'm', but that label helped me remember that the alternative spelling for nước mắm exists, so kudos to them!
- The beef brisket was well-seasoned and overall not bad.
- Side note, but the cà phê sữa đá (Vietnamese Iced Coffee) was really refreshing. I honestly think that it should be served regularly. It's almost on par with the Passion Orange Guava juice and is the best coffee I've ever had from CalDining.
Phở is a complicated dish, I'll give them that. However, it was far from decent in my honest opinion. Phở K & K, a restaurant that many Vietnamese Cal students have strong opinions about, is much superior to this. Here are my suggestions.
- Cook the noodles thoroughly before serving them: The noodles had the consistency and texture of bean sprouts. In other words, they were raw and quite crunchy. Perhaps the chefs decided to undercook the noodles before serving into let the noodles simmer in the broth when added to gain the noodles' optimal texture. However, the given broth wasn't even warm enough to do that.
- Serve the broth at a higher temperature: As stated earlier, this can help cook the noodles as its being served. I doubt that there would be a point where the noodles become overcooked and soggy, Also, many people don't scoop as much on their plates so it cools down quickly, especially on a paper plate. It doesn't have to be boiling hot, but at least make it as hot as the other soups that are regularly served.
- Give us chopsticks: They're cheap and don't have to be reusable. Last semester, Cafe 3 served an Asian meal that they provided chopsticks with students. Although it was pretty funny seeing everyone in the dining hall eat phở with a fork.
- Have servers serve the phở to the students: Many students were spilling the broth while struggling to scoop it into their small paper bowls. There was soup all over the counter, which is the result of students waiting thirty minutes in line and quickly grabbing ingredients. This is a huge waste of soup which could have easily been prevented.
- Add more seasoning to the broth: It tasted like it was diluted with water. I honestly have no clue on how someone could make a broth taste like that.
- This is a little extra but maybe provide a brief history and overview of phở and how it is commonly eaten: This would be a brilliant idea to establish with every dish at CalDining. Something like this would help familiarize students with the dish and how it is commonly eaten to help them understand exactly what's being served.
Why does something like this matter and why am I suddenly being so picky? I understand that CalDining's approach to introduce a diverse menu is extremely important in order to celebrate diversity and inclusion. I also understand that I shouldn't expect a five-star meal from CalDining. As a Vietnamese person, I get very excited when UC Berkeley's dining halls serve dishes of my ethnicity. However, I left the dining hall today feeling offended, insulted, and even a little sick. I didn't expect perfection, but even after so many negative experiences at dining halls, I didn't think that the phở at CalDining would be this abysmal. When a dining hall botches up cultural food, it ironically gives a bad outlook to not only CalDining, but also the culture it tries to introduce to its students. Imagine someone trying phở for the first time at CalDining and being given raw noodles and cold broth. Would a dish like this really encourage that person to want to try phở again?
If the point of serving phở was to demonstrate inclusivity and diversity as the #1 public university during the "lunar new year season", then the execution of it shouldn't have been this disappointing for so many people. If CalDining chooses to reintroduce the phở bar, then hopefully following these suggestions would help make phở become one of CalDining's most favored items!
submitted by LNERA1
to berkeley [link] [comments]
2023.02.01 01:55 entalert Restocked at the OCS (Tue., Jan. 31, 6:54 p.m. EST)
😊 Just in... Edibles
Stock-in tweets @entAlert
submitted by entalert
to entalert [link] [comments]
2023.01.31 15:37 Electrical-Equal-827 Best food on Westgate Road?
There are so many interesting looking Middle Eastern / South Asian shops, restaurants and cafes on Westgate Road and I’ve barely scratched the surface. I’m curious to know which ones people would recommend - either for groceries or hot food.
(Posting this because my MIL dropped us off a delicious lamb curry and naan bread from somewhere on Westgate Road yesterday and I can’t get her to tell me which one it came from…)
submitted by Electrical-Equal-827
to NewcastleUponTyne [link] [comments]
2023.01.30 17:52 therealsegsy guys my Asian dad js found my vape I need to do smth asap
ok so I’m 16yr old f, don’t get me wrong I don’t usually vape it was js out of curiosity and I was thinking never to buy again. it’s 12 midnight here where I live and I was doing my make up j just for some random tiktok video and then my dad came into my room and I panicked and threw my vape somewhere across the room and then he turned on the light and idk if he took my vape or not cause I was facing towards the wall but I think he did idk cause I can’t find it anywhere so my plan is to wait till he goes to toilet and then I’ll js go to his room take my vape and replace it with something similar and gaslight him into thinking it never happened or maybe I can just lie to him in the morning about it that it’s my friends or smth like that idk what to do pls help I love you guys
submitted by therealsegsy
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.01.30 15:25 Extension_Size8422 Armys getting mad at NCT 127 got out of control
I think it started on Allkpop and spread to TikTok and Twitter. For context, NCT 127 just finished touring and were live. Here is the full clip as what has caused a fanwar was cutting the clip into segments: https://twitter.com/markhyuckzens/status/1619602214217211905
Jungwoo mentioned they kept being mistaken for another group on tour. He didn't want to say BTS explicitly but Taeil missed that cue because he just said 'BTS?' Jungwoo replies 'no, not that one' and explains he brought it up because he thought it was funny. Taeyong says 'Oh you mean the time Yuta said 'Yes we are'?'.
Mark moves on to talk about how they went to a restaurant and Jungwoo got a free drink and compliments the waiter's service and how nice the waiter was in general. Taeyong gets confused and says 'then I guess you should thank that group', implying he thought they got a free drink because the waiter thought they were BTS. He wasn't there with them because he had health issues.
They then explain this was a different restaurant with a male waiter and Taeyong says 'Oh I thought you meant at the cafe with Erika (a waitress).' They mention this waitress was really friendly and even played a game with them. It is implied she may have mistook them for BTS at first maybe.
To me, there's nothing controversial about this situation at all but it's a bit confusing. It's obvious they're a bit fed-up of being called BTS because they laugh and it's implied Yuta got so done at one point he just said 'Yes we are'. There was some complaints from Korean netizens on how it is rude to call BTS 'that group' and this means 127 were disrespecting BTS by not saying BTS-sunbaenim. The translation stops before NCT correct Taeyong (who got the wrong idea). This implies NCT got given free drinks because they were mistaken for BTS.
This is where it went nuts. It began with anger from Armys for NCT not saying sunbaenim then to anger on how NCT should have corrected the waiter and not accepted the free drinks, because then they are 'enabling racism' and impersonating BTS. The misinformation mill went crazy and the narrative became 'NCT purposely pretend to be BTS to get free things'.
Due to the first translation being cut, NCTzens' main defence was if the waiter mistook them for BTS, that is not NCT's fault nor are they taking advantage of BTS for accepting the free drinks, especially if they were given as a result of xenophobia/racism aka assuming every group of Asian males is BTS. They've been hearing that microaggression the entire time they tour and who are you to police their reaction to racism?
I'm not Korean so I'm not going to put an opinion on the sunbaenim thing but it IS clear they were not trying to intentionally disrespect BTS by saying 'that group', Taeyong just wanted to avoid mentioning them by name (except Taeil didn't get the message lol). And I'm not sure whether Taeil needs to say BTS-sunbaenim just for saying their group name.
NCT are getting a lot of hate right now and it is possibly over a completely fictional situation as the free drink may have just been the generosity of the restaurant and unrelated to BTS, but of course barely anyone except NCTzens are gonna read the clarification and we're stuck with a bunch of Armys who just think NCT go around impersonating BTS for freebies and will use this narrative to attack them. Saying all sorts of vile things about the members, making fun of Haechan's heart palpitations...and he wasn't even on the tour? Even bashing unrelated Dream members. Hate comments veiled with racism and saying NCT are the reason BTS get a bad reputation because they impersonate them, as if it's not Armys who give BTS a bad rep.
What began as a NCT 127 sharing an experience with racism then moving onto talk about a free drink got so insanely misconstrued and people are even doxxing each other over it.
In my opinion, even if they did accept a free drink from being mistaken as BTS it hardly warrants the backlash they are getting. NCT APOLOGISE TO BTS is trending on Twitter right now. What do they want? An apology letter? A statement from SM?
It reminds me of a reel I watched where a black guy goes to Japan and a shop owner thinks he's will.i.am
. At first he tries to explain he isn't but the owner is so excited he just plays along and even sings and the shop owner gives him his food for free. If I am using the reasoning of Armys, then this man should apologise to will.i.am
and is also enabling racism. If I am normal, it's kinda funny, which was what most of the comments were saying.
submitted by Extension_Size8422
to kpoptwtrants [link] [comments]
2023.01.30 02:35 emp_streammonster r/kappa stream monster diaries II
fgc memories, forever lost in the wind. In no particular order. This is mostly off the top of the head and added from comments, correct any mistakes you see. Post your favorite memories. Alphabetical Order A-J on Original K-Z Index: Kaneblueriver KaxBlastard (rKappa Story) Leroy (Tekken 7) Low Tier God Marlinpie Marn Mike Watson / Super Arcade Neo Noel Brown PeacefulJay Perfect Legend Porn Sponsorship rKappa Sponsorships Seb Rhee Sherry Jenix Skisonic SRK (Shoryuken com) Team CORN Teamspooky / NLBC Tom Brady Triforce / Empire Arcadia Kaneblueriver
KaxBlastard (rKappa Story)
- Ended up being a umvc3 big body player god. His team of sent/hulk/haggar would dominate the scene with armored attacks and invincible lariats.
- Kaneblueriver spent most of his time living and training with the stream house blackeye in japan.
- After winning evo he would visit japan again and spend most of his winnings on cheap ufo catcher figurines and showed them off on stream.
- He would later reveal he defaced his evo tournament prize of a limited edition golden madcatz te2, with his own art and buttons. Then used it as his stick, huge backlash came afterwards.
- It was said that kbr treated his fellow chile countrymen players like trash and never wanted to play with them.
Leroy (Tekken 7)
- During Street Fighter X Tekken deserted days, a person named KaxBlastard would claim as a top ranking player.
- Kax would create WWE-like youtube videos with his custom made title belt claiming he is the champion of the game. Most of the videos featured opponents who were clearly brand new to the game and would rage quit the others. [YT]
- He would eventually find out about rKappa and post about his dominance in the game. This would lead to further posts of his delusion. He got clowned on various things like his tattoos of Sagats scar, akuma’s ten (天) symbol, and his sexual preference for trans women. In the end of the clash with rKappa he would post a nude photo of himself with his belt.
- In an attempt to prove he was the best, he would try to challenge Kenny Omega.
- His youtube videos would often have the title KaxBlastard ssSSsSmmokes (Opponent’s Name). [YT]
Low Tier God
- Bandai Namco releases a newcomer dlc character for Tekken 7, who is hilariously intentionally overpowered
- Evo Japan 2020 is absolutely flooded with Leroy, The tournament would end with 6 Leroy’s in top 8
- He would later go on to be nerfed heavily but still be good
- Like Bushinstyle, Low Tier God , Holder of the BBC gene, was a Wednesday Night Fights regular. He created a villain persona that would eventually become bigger than the FGC. He would ironically play high tier characters. [YT]
- Low Tier God's first foray into the spotlight was in an exhibition match against Viscant commentated by Aris and Mike Ross. Viscant, already a UMVC3 Evo Champion at this point, would win while looking like an office nerd. This video would be posted everywhere on the internet including the very own WorldStarHipHop. The main highlights of this video was the pre- and post- fight shit talking showing Viscant shaking with restraint. He will forever have the taste of Viscant’s dick in his mouth. [YT]
- LTG would eventually create a youtube channel and a livestream. One of his hit classics that often gets posted over and over is his video about boogie, another youtuber. [YT]
- He would be known to carry this persona to tournaments. He was known to refuse handshakes and being visibly upset when losing.
- With his new stardom, this would create a target on his back. He would eventually be labeled as a lolcow by the internet.
- LTG would be unfiltered when streaming, usually saying the tagline “GET THAT ASS BANNED.” The unfiltered commentary would lead to ban after ban on twitch and youtube. I believe he is now permanently banned from both platforms.
- Marlinpie would be recognized as a very technical player in fighting games. He would prove himself through difficult execution and stylish combos whether at a home stream or tournament.
- There would be a controversy always surrounding him regarding his ex-girlfriend nina. The rumors were that Nina cheated behind his back multiple times before breaking up, one of those guys being Shady K. a well known sf4 akuma player. [YT]
Mike Watson / Super Arcade
- Would hold a guilty gear tournament fucking everyone over in cali, garnered much hate in the gg community
- Had aspirations to be a leader of a league of legends team, named TEAM MRN. He tricked one of the young team mates to sign for a large 2 story house with a pool in sunny california to put that shit on a credit card. They were a terrible team that disbanded very quickly leaving the debt to the poor kid. [YT]
- He would disappear to vietnam and come back with a bubbly disease on his leg. No doctors could figure it out and gave him some antibiotics. Hence the meme marnsleg.jpeg. When he joined a tournament with the gross ass disease, nobody wanted to be near him. Shown on stream was him trying to shake Nuckledu's hand, he wasn't having any of it. [Imgur]
- Marn would often try to hook up with sherry on stream, and would always get rejected.
- He opened a net cafe during his exile in Vietnam which ended up with him sexually harassing his female employees.
- Watson was a well respected OG player of super turbo. He held the old school mentality with pride, shit talking welcomed.
- He had a few well known grudges, one of which was against Mr. Wizard. Watson was given the opportunity to help run evo (or b series) but was pushed out after wizard told the cannon brothers Watson didn't want any part of it. Cementing Wizard as the guy to run Evo. He would often shit on Mr. Wizard any chance he had, knowing he had alot of dirt on him. [YT]
- During a SoCal Regionals panel dogface asked about the year DSP was the highest North American player in ST (4th Place) at a qualifier.The version of ST that was played that year was an awful playstation 1 port of the game. Watson replied in a negative way hurling insult after insult towards DSP. [YT]
- Mike built and ran Super Arcade after the first one closed down, he would create it again in the town of Azusa. The city liked the idea of an arcade but made it difficult for watson. The Azusa city council meeting to get him approved was livestreamed in 240p. He created a kickstarter campaign to help him with funding for the old walnut location, but the landlord changing the rent and renovations proved to hit the kickstarter funding hard. He would decide after this to change locations. Watson would not only run out of the kickstarter money he would admit to using more funds out of pocket than he would have. He would create a blog writing the details of hardships he would go through when creating this new super arcade. [Blog] [Article] [Kickstarter]
- Watson and Valle were close until the moment Valle decided to move WNF to another location out of super arcade after a scheduling dispute. [YT]
- The new arcade was shortly lived due to money issues; it lasted approximately a year and a half later.
- Neo was a top marvel 3 player. He was often a crony for the FGTV crew, always loyal to Fchamp in whatever he did. [YT]
- There was an incident in which Neo accidently left his backpack in the vegas bathroom. His evo winnings were stolen that totaled approximately $6k.
- He often did spur of the moment spanish commentary with yipes. [YT]
- He was a top player in mvc3/umvc3 after his mother died he would soon join a tournament. In which smoothviper was hollaring and shit talking him during his matches getting inside noel brown's head. Noel Brown swiftly attacked smooth viper who was in a full leg cast. Later the cops were called after they broke the monkey ball arcade machine. [YT]
- Noel Brown was outed for being with alot of prostitutes
- Brown would be charged with domestic violence battery after catching rayray with his prostitute in his room, he would beat the shit out of both of them. This was during a tournament, maybe CEO.
- During another CEO tournament the stream caught Noel Brown grabbing a random girl's ass who was just walking by and played it off. This caused him to be banned from the capcom pro tour.
- Would be THE place to be on twitch tv, A military person who held a 24/7 lobby of sf4. Many high level players would appear such as alex valle and jay gave out prizes for longest winning streaks. He would burn through xbox 360's due to running them all day everyday. Would eventually disappear without a trace.
- A mortal kombat top player who's had one of the more successful tournament placings in the past. He would go on to win evo in Mortal Kombat 9 back to back in the years 2011 and 2012.
- During Final Round 17, Perfect Legend would play ForeverKing in Injustice on stream. In the middle of the match the controller disconnects in which foreverking takes the match. After a horrible 2nd game he unplugs his controller mid match essentially rage quitting. Then shit talks everyone around the station.
- PL is mostly known for his exhibition against SonicFox during Summer Jam 9. The exhibition was only supposed to go 10 games but, after PL gets destroyed 10-0 he says "you weren't playing your main though." This exchange led to another 3 games cementing perfect legend as the meme perfect 13gend. The person to get 13 losses in a ft10. [YT] [YT]
- There was an era where on stream li joe was trying to get the porn sponsorship, Brazzers, for himself. [YT]
- It ended up with Filipinoman and Valmaster getting a youporn sponsorship as players.
- Uncle Valle didn't like that and would censoban the sponsorship eventually leading to an era of big esports money being canceled citing it didn't look good for advertisers.
- rKappa would eventually become a force in the FGC when fundraising for players to show up at tournaments. A few players they sponsored were Tampa Bison, Poongko, Infiltration, FullSchedule, Alex Meyers, AiAi, Pepeday, Misse, and others.
- there was an incident where somehow it got relayed to instead of putting rKappa as the sponsor it ended up being the n-word for Poongko.
- Another incident that happened was Alex Meyers had some extra money given to him but never gave it back or something like that.
- Our very own Fullschedule ended up getting dq'd for having too many buttons on his stick after Fchamp cried to a TO. The extra buttons let him do c viper seismic hammer cancels in umvc3 everytime without fail.
- The first few shirt designs featured arrows with a kappa face on top and a k in the middle with Kappa written out. They eventually became detailed with korean flags and player names on it
- People did not like the fact that rKappa was crowdfunding players and flying them around the world to play video-games. Thanks to Dr. Mike's professionalism (and other people too, managers like Shinobee), the rKappa sponsorship thing was better managed than many, many "teams" in the FGC. James Chen, UltraDavid... Even Mike Ross came to rKappa to say that we were the absolute worst thing on the FGC. It was hilarious too because there were guys like Gootecks who tried to get on the rKappa train for clout. It's also important for this to be known: Maikky had absolutely NOTHING to do with the sponsorships. It was mostly Dr. Mike.
- Marq Teddy won a poll to determine a sponsorship for a tournament once. Some of rKappa didn't want to sponsor Marq Teddy, the poll was remade, and "we" decided to go for an asian player instead. Marq Teddy was not happy.
- rKappa had this weird thing with sponsoring players that could easily attend tournaments by themselves, like Infiltration, Poongko, Pepeday... Infiltration even asked Kappa once to start sponsoring other players, and that he didn't need "our" money.
- rKappa got a lot of flack for "sponsoring" Aiai at EVO. I have no idea of how that even happened, but Aiai was representing Kappa at an USFIV top 8. People believed Kappa was being opportunists because Aiai paid for his ticket/lodging out of his own pocket, and only received the "sponsorship" for top 8.
- frame-advantageDOTcom, run by Seb Rhee back in late 2009 / early 2010 onwards. He used to stream Empire Arcadia tournaments every Saturday, as well as the big EC / midwest tournaments into 2012.
- In a lot of ways he was the proto-Spooky in terms of making sure tournaments consistently get streamed, and helped show the evolution of east coast SF4 play and very early Marvel 3. And of course, Chris Hu commentary.
- She was one of few women in the fgc. She was later recognized as being with alot of top players in the FGC.
- Eventually logs came out of sherry and noel brown having sex on the same bed floe was asleep in.
- At a tournament afterparty zhi was walking around with the stream camera.He would catch sherry and unknown cuddling, when she noticed and then she quickly pushed him off.
- ClakeyD deemed her a solid 4 which became a meme on rkappa [YT]
- During Watson's tournament Moment 37 the ad "Solid 4 Sherry" came up which the commentator at the moment James Chen started simping for her saying he was "Solid 4 Sherry."
SRK (Shoryuken com)
- Was an early commentator on most if not all major tournaments.
- He would usually commentate with Keits who would later become a game developer for divekick.
- He would be hated so much by every stream monster due to him being the only commentator, being a mic hog, and among other things. This would let Ultradavid and James Chen steal the spotlight and be the premier commentator to this day.
- Often skisonic would take pictures with women, in the picture it would show him groping them from around the back. [Imgur]
- Skisonic was the first ever evo scholarship winner, but doesn't look like it led to anything long-term FGCwise.
- Was a forum for all of the fgc. It contained a board for everything the fgc would entail from tech talk to gathering meetups to a buy/sell board featuring modders and arcade stick makers.
- The forum exploded when street fighter iv came out, you were called a 09er if you joined when sf4 came out. It separated from the OG's to the new scrubs that joined later. Eventually everyone got integrated after the term esports came to the fgc vernacular.
- SRK was thinking about deleting the forums but decided to change servers to preserve the forums, many lost their accounts and forum threads causing the downfall of the website.
- SRK would try to sustain with ads and hiring article writers, but the articles were shit. leading to eventhubs as the source of news which no one liked either. The term eventscrubs would be later used.
Teamspooky / NLBC
- The rowdiest team in the FGC, very not esports friendly. Would often appear on the podcast stream the Onblastshow.
- 2 Famous Clips of Team CORN circulated one of which they made a autistic person cry for wanting to money match them in umvc3 "Crying Bryan". The other singing the "get fucked" song during a match. [YT] [YT]
- CORN had beef with EMP. The guy who ran CORN went on stream and dissed EMP and TriForce because they relied on donations and canned ravioli, compared to CORN's own resources, among other things. The guys on CORN had their own practice space and never relied on donations to get around. No idea where they got that money from since they almost never won anything.
- sp00ky would be the forefront of streaming after leaving a cushy wall street job. When Chinatown fair closed and Henry "Goldencen" Cen would open Next Level, it was the most popular FGC stream on the internet.
- The tournament called NLBC would have some of the wittiest commentators on like team rush hour (Aquasilk, Chris Hu), rare appearances of Jaha, Yipes, Chris Matrix, Lee Chung, and Shine's girlfriend.
- After a blackout of the evo grand finals stream streamed by iplaywinner, spooky called them out leading to his opportunity to stream evo.
- Teamspooky was a small team of friends consisting of spooky, nerdjosh, min, nycfurby. Later, nerdjosh would move to cali and often seen helping was honzogonzo.
- There was a certain "notion" people believed and regurgitated that Spooky was "the hardest working man in the FGC", and rKappa didn't like that because Spooky was a streamer and occasional commentator. During the height of USFIV's popularity, Spooky was basically traveling around the world to stream big tournaments and getting paid for it and that ticked rKappa off.
- Sometime after the first release of blazblue gootecks would appear on a teamspooky house stream, during the stream spooky and gootecks would take bong hits in the bathroom room saying it was blazgreen.
- Triforce and Spooky tried to collab at one point when Spooky's audience was starting to grow. The entire stream ended up being 10 hours of triforce beating retro games like streets of rage 2 and forgotten worlds.
- In a legendary collaboration funkdoc wanted to run a games done quick style marathon raising money for charity. spooky would stream it at next level, funkdoc being autistic and not understanding don't touch the laptop. He touched it anyway to try to update the charity money raised as Spooky took a second to step away to handle some stuff. Spooky came back and yelled at funkdoc which ended up becoming a meme. [YT]
- Many of Arturo's streams back in the day were archive footage content of old tournaments. The man sits on a lot of old footage, and he charged people to watch his streams, streams he didn't even appear in person... Many ads though! It was all about the Max CPM at the time.
Triforce / Empire Arcadia
- Tom Brady is a mortal kombat player who is a sub-zero loyalist. He speaks his mind, usually known for complaining about his character and the devs who created the game. [YT]
- He was a member of the Empire Arcadia, a gaming team in NY.
- He was very passionate about the Mortal Kombat franchise creating guides and showcasing the competitive history on his youtube channel.
- Brady would get a spotlight when MK9 would drop. Eventually he would start streaming and people would often watch to see Tom complain and rage about NRS.
- During an Avoiding the Puddle podcast stream Tom Brady would try to explain MK mechanics. He would mispronounce the word okizeme to okazumi and would become a meme. [YT]
- Tom Brady would get exposed by sonicfox during a stream. His viewers would often donate to have Tom show up at tournaments. So his viewers paid for him to show up at NEC 2019 and he didn’t go. The viewers demanded the money back but Tom Brady was locked and loaded with excuses. Having his buddy Pigofthehut providing fake screenshots with nonexistent days to Brady buying a new ps4, it ended up as a huge blow up. [YT]
- Triforce Johnson was a staple in the community, usually making mistakes and it being a huge deal. Somehow triforce was the orbit around fgc drama.
- He was the first to want esports money but then changed his tune about esports warning everyone that it will change the fgc as we know it.
- Team Emp had many top players with many accolades and even appeared in their own MTV series. From smash to cod to fighting games they covered many different genres and were top players back then.
- Triforce never competed but he was a recognized high score player in many different games on twin galaxies. Most of his scores were validated by Todd Rodgers who was also in team emp. When called out about his contra 3 maxout score he wouldnt reveal how he did it and still wont.
- Triforce would often talk outside his vocabulary and wouldn't make sense.
- He would allegedly try to hook up with an underage girl through facebook and he would try to clear his name by showing his facebook chat logs.
- AT THE BEACH, VXG Tournament, he would try to throw the biggest tournament the fgc has ever seen around the same time evo happens. It was located in the Caribbean and would be a massive flop with everyone pointing the fingers at each other from people not getting paid, to venue, and setup problems.
- Triforce and Nuckledu would have a dilemma, Triforce ordered food at a restaurant and then left making Nuckledu pay. It was a huge deal that they later made up. [YT]
- TriForce disappeared from the North American FGC, but not from eSports in general. Last time I heard about him he was "promoting" eSports events in Jamaica. Unfortunately, since it's Jamaica, the scene "ran" on basically nothing in regards to money.
- There was an incident at a tournament where triforce was yelling so loud trying to play mental games with the opponent playing. The opponent ended up being wolfkrone and complained on stream how spooky needs headphone setups leading to spooky blowing his ass up saying that's not his problem. [YT]
- Triforce would often show up on streams and podcasts calling out players, tournament organizers, and the west coast. He was very unfiltered leading to massive drama.
- Team Emp would recruit a young Nuckledu then would send him to his first tournament without a hotel room or a way back to home.
- Using the EMP tag on any user name became a meme (ex. emp_juri_feet, emp_put_sagat_in_mvc3, etc.)
submitted by emp_streammonster
to Kappachino [link] [comments]
2023.01.29 21:45 JareBear313 Religious Studies and Philosophy Graduate Programs - Questions (and chance me)
*obligatory cliché "I told myself I wouldn't do this"*
Hi, everyone. After not fretting about applications for almost a full month after submitting everything, my blissful ignorance of GradCafe's existence was shattered and I'm in full vomit-twice-a-day-until-I-hear-something mode. Is anyone else applying for RLST and/or Philosophy programs? I think my stats are good, but I have a few concerns that are keeping me awake at night.
Personally, I'm applying for the following:
- Direct Entry PhD in Philosophy at UToronto
- UVA PhD in Religious Studies
- Yale MAR (I actually applied to the RLST PhD, but my POI emailed me about having my application transferred to the MAR at the Divinity School, and we talked about it over the phone, where it was basically "sorry you're going to get rejected for reasons 'out of your control,' but I'd love to have you)
- Harvard MTS. I heard all applicants get an interview soon, so I'd like to hear any tips you have, especially as someone with interests I find difficult to explain/justify (more on that later) to a non-specialist.
- UChicago MA in Religion
- DAAD scholarship for MA in any discipline
My primary concern is that I'm so on the border between religious studies and philosophy that I'm worried I'll appear too RLST for Toronto's philosophy dept and too philosophy for religion/divinity programs. I am a philosopher at heart, but Toronto is the only real department I've seen where non-Western philosophy isn't relegated to the less-serious sounding category of "religon." On the other hand, UVA is where the POI of my dreams is employed (Yale is where the second best POI of my dreams is).
My interests are specifically the history of philosophical and theological exchange between Muslims and Hindus, Islamic and Indic philosophy, and interreligious thought. Secondary interests might be considered as problems in intercultural intellectual exchange, philosophy of religion, ethics, modernity, etc. The fact that I'm wanting to study the *conjunction(s)* of Hinduism and Islam also make me terrified that I'm going to be seen as too all over the place (very few know Sanskrit, Arabic, and Persian).
Also I'm an undergrad so feel extremely pessimistic about my chances at UVA. Toronto's direct entry is just for BA applicants, but I feel like my chances are 0 after a professor told me they accept like 1 American per year (can anyone confirm that?).
My actual stats:
- Religious Studies and Philosophy double major, triple minors in Classics, South Asian Studies, and Islamic Studies
- 4.0 at a T15. I know it's an "elite" school, but a bit scared that my uni is seen as too STEM/business etc. (which it is) and so it won't matter.
- Honors theses in my majors, and in the separate honors program of the College of Arts and Science
- Two journal publications: one on Spinoza in an undergraduate and graduate journal: one on Descartes and the Upanishads in an undergraduate journal (both forthcoming though). One pop/non-peer-review article for a tiny online think tank about 'Ibn Arabi and Aristotelian virtue ethics.
- Lots of language training. A year of Arabic, 2.5 of Sanskrit, and 2 CLS scholarships (2 summers equivalent to about 2 academic years, I think) for Urdu as far as research languages pertinent to my area go. I also have a year of Greek and German and 2 years of Latin from when I thought I wanted to be a classicist. Unfortunately, Persian will be important and I haven't had the opportunity to formally study it in undergrad. Worried about not being prepared with Persian (though I communicated to committees that I've been informally studying it by myself and with a professor here who's trying to improve his reading ability in it). This large number of languages increases my worry that I'm going to look too jack of all trades. Can also read French.
- Did a humanitarian project in Cairo with a grant from my uni. Just won an AAR undergraduate research grant that I'm using to work on my RLST honors thesis. ($5k, but I was notified last week and had to update my applications; not sure if they're going to take much notice since they've probably already done lots of review?)
- A language studies award from my uni for Urdu, and I'm a member of Phi Alpha Theta (admittedly, I have done absolutely nothing with my membership. Feel bad that I'm not in PBK because my uni requires two semesters of calculus which I'm not touching lmfao).
- Was an RA for a project that digitally catalogued Syriac manuscripts. Didn't do much except proofreading and copying.
- Did NOT take the GRE. I would absolutely bomb it.
Maybe I'm being paranoid. I basically worked as hard as I possibly could in undergrad, having taken 18 hours since the second semester of my sophomore year. My rec letters should be pretty good, but I'm just worried my interests are so niche, while all the same time looking pretty unfocused/wide, that it won't be appealing. I feel like absolute shit about both of my writing samples, but I got As on them and worked forever. The one I submitted for UToronto got published, but I think lots of people withdrew their submissions from the journal and so I don't know how reliable of an indicator of quality the journal acceptance really is.
I am a white male (not saying I don't understand preferential admissions for underprivileged groups), but super low income and have a "sob story," and I'm not gonna sit here and say I didn't emphasize it in relevant parts of my applications.
submitted by JareBear313
to gradadmissions [link] [comments]
2023.01.29 20:43 Cheezbu20 Why are Asian girls so agressive in approaching foreigners?
Hello guys, I am neither east asian or white(american) but I have noticed the relationship dynamics and issues that have been discussed here for a quite long time in media, internet, movies, tv shows, real life stories etc
I was just always curious what motivated girls in the ea/sea region to be so strongly attracted to foreigners/westerners and this sub always had interesting answers and explanations.
There has been one female thai youtubeinfluencer popping on my social feed lately, and I wanted to share her video here because I think her example very easily reflects the dynamics you are talking about here. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm5dqg4Jvfb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
You can see that in this video, and several others I have seen from her, she is hitting on guys really agressively on Omegle, trying to get compliments, approval etc acting pretty desperate. if you go to her profile, she has like 100 videos and all of them are of exact same content. - her flirting with western guys, telling them stuff like "I love you", "do you like small asian girls" and similiar cringe content. P.S. She already has a (white) boyfriend and still continues this trend and flirty process with random strangers.
I have noticed similiar approach of women to flirting in different vlogs when western men travel to ea/sea and you can hear random local women hitting on them from the street, cafe, shop etc
So my post is kind of a question, how do you explain this behaviour? first of all, can your region's culture/gender roles/etc influence this style of woman's straight forward/pushy behaviour towards man, which you will not see probably anywhere in rest of the world.
And secondly, do you think the issue of "men fetishizing asian women" is the result of asian women's own behaviour and attitude towards themselves and western world. Because if we look at the example of the blogger above, the way she acts and presents her self to these guys, kind of explains where would "fetishization" come from.
I hope I don't come across as judgmental or nosy. but I just wanted to share about this blogger with you, and also ask a question as a person who is interested in cultures/sociology. I will probably delete this post later.✌️
submitted by Cheezbu20
to aznidentity [link] [comments]
2023.01.28 16:52 Few_Presentation289 Purdue Reject Gets Better In-State Results
Demographics: Female, Asian (Indian), North Carolina (International for out of state schools), Fairly competitive public school in Wake County
Intended Major: ComputeElectrical Engineering, CS (Only for UNC Chapel Hill & Georgia Tech)
ACT/SAT/SAT II: 1540 (790M/750R)
GPA: 4.55 W, 3.93 UW (2 Bs)
AP: 12 total - 7 taken so far ( AP CSP, AP Euro, AP Calc AB, AP Calc BC, AP Physics 1, AP Env, AP Lang), 5 for senior year ( AP Physics 2, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish, AP CS, AP Stats)
Dual Enrollment: 2 CS related courses at community college
- Key Club - 9, 10, 11, 12 - District Treasurer
- Held one of the highest state level position on district (2 states) board
- Maintain dues collection from 242 clubs and 10,000 members across the district
- Reactivated several district key clubs
- Organized and presented treasurer reports at leadership conferences
- Local Teen Council - 9, 10, 11, 12 - Programming Committee Member (10,11) and Volunteer (9,10,11,12)
- Served on the 8 person member board for my local teen council with over 800 members
- Helped organize major events and fundraisers to attract over 200-1000 attendees during Halloween, Easter etc.
- Started a mental health discussion series with my team for our council members with 60+ participants
- Led and presented in monthly meeting for council members
- State Youth Council - 11, 12 - Vice President (12), Secretary (11)
- Led conferences with 100+ members from all councils (1500+ members) to plan fundraising, volunteering events and engagement ideas
- Approved mini-grants worth up to $5,000 and served on the youth advisory board
- First Robotics Team - 9,10,11,12 - Vice President position as Director of Engagement, Mechanical Engineer and Scouting Lead
- Held individual meeting with new team members to introduce them to the team and help them become more involved
- Very involved in the engineering team - Assisted in the development of different mechanisms
- Trained and led 8 scouts during competition season
- School Cybersecurity Team - Windows Competitor, Board Officer - 11,12
- Competed in the Cyberpatriot competition and my team earned the platinum division (Top 25% in state) for both years
- Maintained attendance and documented member’s technology needs
- Helped organize our annual Toys for tot drive in school
- Computer Science Club - Founder & President - 11, 12
- Increased club membership from 0 to 50+ members and led them to participate in the ACSL competition
- Organized weekly club meetings to teach members about different programming languages
- Software engineering intern/team member at educational technology nonprofit - 10, 11, 12
- Responsible for the maintenance of their website using AWS services, GraphQL and React.js
- Automated tutor image entry process during the summer using AWS and React.js
- Used Google Analytics to collect and analyze data about students
- NCSSM Summer Venture - 11th grade summer
- Prestigious summer program with <15% acceptance rate for my county
- Conducted machine learning research to predict WPE particularly tree based models
- Presented our final paper and poster on the summer ventures symposium
- Executive Director of Technology in a STEM Nonprofit - 10, 11, 12
- Created and implemented new Figma designs and improved SEO to remake their Wix website
- Teen Board Secretary At Local Clothing Nonprofit - 12
- One of around 50 board members selected out of 120+ applicants
- Hosted clothing drives and collected over 10 boxes of clothes during fall season and fundraised to reach a goal of $500
- Helped organize monthly meetings and recording minutes
Awards (Weakest Section):
- Cyberpatriot National Youth Cyber Defense Platinum Division (Top 25% in state)
- First Robotics State Qualifier, Autonomous Award Winner
- National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist
- School award given to top 26 (top 5%) students in the middle of junior year
- AP Scholar With Distinction
Letters Of Recommendation:
- AP Computer CSP and CSA TeacheAdvisor for my school’s cybersecurity team (Activity 4) - 9/10 - Was one of the few people to actively participate in class during virtual years for CSP and this year for CSA
- AP Physics - 7/10 - Did quite well academically in her class and actively participated in it
- State Youth Council Advisor - 7.5/10 - Knows me quite well and I have been very involved with State Youth Council during my junior and senior year
- Counselor - 6/10
Personal Essay - I explained a personal experience of a surgery and how it developed my love for service, and got it reviewed by multiple people
Supplemental Essays - Definitely stronger than personal essay and most were very detailed
UNC Chapel Hill
NC State (COE)
UIUC (Computer Engineering) Deferred/Waitlisted:
Purdue (Engineering & Exploratory)
Georgia Tech (Was my dream school) Pending:
UMD EA (I have no idea why my decision is not out yet)
Virginia Tech (EA)
submitted by Few_Presentation289
to collegeresults [link] [comments]
2023.01.28 00:28 next3days 25 Weekend Events You Can Enjoy at VT, Blacksburg and the New River Valley....
For anyone who's looking for something to do, here's 25 local ideas you can enjoy this weekend: 1. Becki and The Boom Booms in Concert Rising Silo Farm Brewery, Blacksburg Friday, January 27, 2023, 6:00 - 9:00 PM Admission: Free
Becki and The Boom Booms perform an eclectic cocktail of blues, jazz, and rock standards and other unique selections, all with a sultry boom booms twist. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682434 2. New Exhibition Reception for "Slavery in Appalachia" Glencoe Mansion, Museum & Gallery, Radford Friday, January 27, 2023, 6:45 - 8:00 PM Admission: Free
Glencoe Mansion, Museum & Gallery presents a Panel Discussion and New Exhibition Reception for "Slavery in Appalachia" starting at 5:30 PM in the Radford City Council Chambers located within the Radford City Public Safety Building as part of its new exhibit of the same topic, "Slavery in Appalachia". Join them for a panel discussion on the history and reality of slavery in Appalachia and an exploration of abolition and the first years of freedom. The panel consists of five historians and members of the community who have explored the history of slavery in the region and its effects. The topic of slavery in Appalachia is a subject that is not well known. The exhibit and panel discussion will explore the complicated history of slavery from its beginning until its abolition. Following the Panel Discussion will be the unveiling of the exhibit itself at Glencoe Mansion at 6:45 PM, which will be accompanied by an opening reception. The exhibit will be on permanent display at the Glencoe Mansion. Both events are open to the public. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683381 3. Collegiate Wrestling: Pitt vs. Virginia Tech (Family Game Night) Cassell Coliseum, Virginia Tech Friday, January 27, 2023, 7:00 PM Admission: Free
Virginia Tech Wrestling hosts ACC opponent Pitt. It's Family Game Night. Enjoy a variety of games and family friendly activities throughout the evening. Test your luck and spin the prize wheel. Play Wrestling BINGO during the match to win prizes. Following the match, meet the Hokies during post match autographs on the concourse. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682415 4. Muskrat Flats in Concert Dogtown Roadhouse, Floyd Friday, January 27, 2023, 8:00 - 11:00 PM Admission: $8.00
Want some funky jams? Need a slow ballad mid-set? Muskrat Flats has you covered. Add a bit of bluegrass to kick things up a notch. Top it off with a healthy dose of dance party vibes and you’ve got yourself a Muskrat Flats show. Crafting groovy tunes for crowds on the East Coast since 2019, Muskrat have emerged from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as one of the top Americana jam bands. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682860 5. Nice Couch in Concert The Milk Parlor, Blacksburg Friday, January 27, 2023, 10:00 PM - 01:00 AM Advance Tickets: $8.00, Day of the Show: $10.00
Nice Couch makes their return to The Milk Parlor to continue the first leg of their 2023 tour to celebrate 10 years of Couch. Established in January 2013 in Radford, VA, Nice Couch has been busy consistently touring the stages of the US East Coast music scene as much as possible, while at the same time perfecting their craft as one well maintained unit. With hundreds of shows under their belts, performed at hundreds of venues and festivals across the region, this professional quality, seasoned, experienced, and native Virginia rock and roll band is eager and willing to do what it takes to spread the Nice Couch sound, vibe, feel, and soul. Those under 21 must arrive before 10:30 PM and there is a $3.00 surcharge at the door. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683182 6. Yoga On Tap with Blacksburg Yoga Collective Rising Silo Farm Brewery, Blacksburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 9:30 - 10:45 AM Suggested donation of $15.00-$20.00.
The Blacksburg Yoga Collective presents Yoga On Tap every Saturday from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM. Enjoy an energizing and uplifting flow. These Kundalini-inspired, donation-based Yoga and meditation sessions focus on therapeutic movements and various breathing techniques aimed toward collective wellness. Meditate, chant, and move together to ease stress, manifest positivity, and improve your awareness and focus. The price is a suggested donation of $15.00-$20.00 per class and includes a post-yoga non-alcoholic beverage from the brewery. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683439 7. Grand Reopening Cottage Farms General Store, Christiansburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Admission: Free
Join Cottage Farms for their grand reopening after their remodel with raffles, free gifts and more. All are welcome. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683463 8. Bar Necklace Class The Crafter's Corner, Christiansburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Admission: $28.00
Join The Crafter's Corner for a necklace making class. In this class you will learn how to make a Bar Necklace with chip beads. You will be given all tools and materials needed for this class. The cost is $28.00 per person and covers all materials and instructions. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683188 9. Learn to Crochet a Hat: Workshop Southpaw Cafe & Community Space, Blacksburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 11:00 AM - TBD Sliding scale of $15.00-$30.00.
Learn to crochet your very own hat. All materials provided, with many color options to choose from. You will leave the workshop with a skein of yarn, a crochet hook, a sewing needle, and a beanie pattern of your own. The cafe will be serving coffee, tea, soda, and food as usual. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683202 10. Mid Winter's Big Weekend JBR Vineyards LLC, Pearisburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 12:00 - 5:00 PM and Sunday, January 29, 2023, 1:00 - 5:00 PM Admission: Free, Wine Tastes: $1.00 Glasses of Wine: $5.00 Wine Bottles: $10.00-$20.00
In the dead of winter we all need help with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) caused by a lack of enough sunlight getting to your brain through your eyes due to short days. Let JBR Vineyard's help with tours and tastings, and you can see last year's wine in bulk storage where it is undergoing final clarification in preparation for bottling. Get out of the house with your kids and dogs, enjoy a walk through the vineyard, and some great wines. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683247 11. Seph Custer in Concert Buffalo Mountain Brewery, Floyd Saturday, January 28, 2023, 1:00 - 4:00 PM Admission: Free
Seph Custer is a singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist from Boones Mill, Virginia, offering a fresh look at American and handmade tunes. With many years of experience arranging music for groups in Southwest Virginia, as well as backing up groups and artists on stage, he's combined his talents to offer a diverse variety of acoustic songs, full-band jams, and intriguing covers. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683241 12. Sappy Saturday Claytor Lake State Park, Dublin Saturday, January 28, 2023, 2:00 - 3:00 PM Admission: Free
Have you ever thought about making maple syrup at home or are simply curious about how maple syrup is made? Claytor Lake State Park staff will simplify the process from tree to treat and show you what you need to make and enjoy Virginia maple syrup. The event is free, however the $7.00 per vehicle parking fee does apply. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683466 13. Taco and Potato Bar Pulaski First Church of the Brethren, Pulaski Saturday, January 28, 2023, 4:00 - 7:00 PM Cost is by donation
Enjoy soft and hard shell tacos and baked potatoes with all the fixings. Cookies and brownies will be offered for dessert along with water, tea, coffee and soda. The cost is a free will offering event to raise funds for community projects like their Back to School Bash. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683387 14. 2023 Lunar New Year Celebration Graduate Life Center Multipurpose Room, Virginia Tech Saturday, January 28, 2023, 5:00 - 8:00 PM Admission: Free
The Asian Cultural Engagement Center (ACEC) and multiple Virginia Tech organizations present the 2023 Lunar New Year Celebration. Lunar New Year is one of the most significant celebrations of the year for East and Southeast Asian communities across the globe. Lunar New Year marks the beginning of spring in Chinese culture and China officially recognizes the holiday as the Spring Festival. Although the holiday is often referred to as Chinese New Year, it is celebrated in South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Vietnam and observed by many people of Asian descent. Food and drinks provided as part of the celebration. All are welcome. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683482 15. January Flashlight Tour St. Albans, Radford Saturday, January 28, 2023, 5:30 - 7:30 PM Admission: $15.00
St. Albans presents their January 2023 Flashlight Tour which includes a little history and paranormal in one. This is a guided tour. Take a walk through the dark halls of St. Albans Sanatorium and join us for a flashlight tour of our building. Hear all the chilling tales of what paranormal investigators, and the public, have encountered within these 120 year old walls. A little bit of history, a little bit of paranormal. One great tour and it's the first one of 2023. Comfortable shoes and a flashlight are recommended as there will be lots of walking and many dark areas. Dress accordingly as the building is not climate controlled. You must be 18 years of age (16 if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian).
Note: There will also be a Public Investigation after from 7:30 PM - 1:00 AM for $30.00 per participant. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683382 16. Furious Jones in Concert Rising Silo Farm Brewery, Blacksburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 5:30 - 8:30 PM Admission: Free
Singer and songwriter Furious Jones performs a live acoustic solo show featuring Americana, blues, folk, and rock with both originals and extensive covers. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682887 17. January's Beans and Banjos with Eight Point Star and Fort Vause Dr. George R. Smith Community Room inside the Meadowbrook Center, Shawsville Saturday, January 28, 2023, 6:00 - 8:00 PM $5.00 donation requested
The Shawsville Ruritans and The LINC Letter presents January's Beans and Banjos featuring a trio-version of Eight Point Star along with opener Fort Vause. In addition to the music, the evening will include a meal of beans, cornbread and dessert. Eight Point Star features Mike Gangloff and Matt Peyton. Versions of the band has toured from Carolina to Maryland and in Europe. There’s no admission fee, but the LINC Letter hopes everybody who attends will chip in at least a $5.00 donation to help the LINC Letter keep publishing. Supper and music start at 6:00 PM. As always, the event operates on granny rules: no drinking, no smoking, no cussing, no spitting on the floor. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683376 18. New Year Temple Fair Owens Banquet Hall, Virginia Tech Saturday, January 28, 2023, 6:30 - 9:30 PM Admission: Free
The Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Virginia Tech presents their New Year Temple Fair event for the Lunar New Year featuring over 15 booths with Chinese board games, snacks for the Lunar New Year and free gifts for attendees. There will be a cultural program featuring more than 10 performances with participation from Virginia Tech students, the Blacksburg Chinese School and the Chaoxic Dance Crew will be performing. The Association of Chinese Students and Scholars has been pioneering the celebration of this cultural holiday for decades with involvement from Chinese students at Virginia Tech as well as the broader Chinese diasporic community within Blacksburg. Lunar New Year marks the beginning of spring in Chinese culture and the nation officially recognizes the holiday as the Spring Festival. This year will be the Year of the Rabbit, according to the Chinese tradition. All are welcome. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683488 19. Men's Basketball: Syracuse vs. Virginia Tech (Coaches vs. Cancer Game) Cassell Coliseum, Virginia Tech Saturday, January 28, 2023, 7:00 - 9:00 PM Admission: $35.00
The Virginia Tech Men's Basketball team hosts ACC conference opponent Syracuse University. This game serves as the Coaches vs. Cancer game for the 2023 season. Virginia Tech Men’s Basketball joins in on Suits & Sneakers Week with a special partnership with Carilion Clinic. Hokie students in attendance can enter to win a free pair of white Nike Air Forces. Stay in your seats during halftime for the hit halftime show by Christian & Scooby. Note: This game is Sold Out. Tickets are available on the secondary market such as StubHub. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682382 20. Jason Carter & Friends in Concert Floyd Country Store, Floyd Saturday, January 28, 2023, 7:00 - 10:00 PM Admission: $25.00
With the Lowdown Hoedown and upcoming 2023 tour, Jason Carter shares the fruits of decades’ worth of on-the-road experience, spectacular musical sensibility, and genuine excitement for what bluegrass can be. Jason Carter continues to pour all he has back into bluegrass. For thirty years, he has been the fiddle player for the Del McCoury Band, the most awarded group in bluegrass history. He’s won three Grammy awards, including 2018’s “Best Bluegrass Album” with the Travelin’ McCourys, of which he is a founding member. And he’s taken home five IBMAs for “Fiddle Player of the Year". As a fiddler, Carter has been featured on albums by Steve Earle, Ricky Skaggs, Dierks Bentley, Charlie Daniels, Vince Gill, Asleep at the Wheel, and many more. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682440 21. 2023 Blue Jean Ball Beliveau Farm Winery, Blacksburg Saturday, January 28, 2023, 7:00 - 10:00 PM Advance Tickets: $12.00, At the Door: $15.00
Put your blue jeans and cowboy boots on and join Beliveau Farm Winery for their annual Blue Jean Ball. Enjoy the country-themed event with music provided by DJ Pat with Baldman Entertainment. Food and wine will be available for purchase all evening. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682471 22. Vicker Switch in Concert The Mason Jar at Claytor Lake, Dublin Saturday, January 28, 2023, 8:30 - 11:30 PM Admission: Free
Vicker Switch is a three-piece cover band from Southwest Virginia band formed in 2021. They play classic rock and classic country hits from the 1960s through the 1990s. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682826 23. Weekly Meeting for New River Valley Radio Controlled Rock Crawlers Cascades Event Park & Falls, Pembroke Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:30 AM - TBD Admission: Free
The New River Valley RC (Radio Controlled) Rock Crawlers meet every Sunday, rain or shine, starting at 11:00 AM. Join the group of scale radio controlled four wheel drive off road vehicle drivers and enthusiasts. All are welcome. Don’t have a scale four wheel drive vehicle? No problem! They usually have extra trucks on hand for participants to use. The NRV Va RC Rock Crawlers is a community of scale RC Crawler enthusiasts, drivers, tinkerers looking to grow the hobby within the the New River Valley region of Virginia as well as find locations to enjoy crawling. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683385 24. Sip-N-Stitch: Turkey Edition Blacksburg Wine Lab, Blacksburg Sunday, January 29, 2023, 1:00 - 3:00 PM Admission: $35.00
Join Blacksburg Wine Lab for the next Sip-N-Stitch featuring three Turkish Wines and Fibra Natura's Kingston Tweed, also from Turkey. Your ticket includes: a tasting of 3 Turkish Wines presented by Cassandra, a selection of house made dips with crackers & pita to snack on, a yarn tasting featuring Kingston Tweed from Turkey, along with several pattern suggestions for knit and crochet from New River Art & Fiber presented by Stella Boyer. Bring your work in progress and enjoy great company while trying new wines. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=683246 25. Indian Run Stringband in Concert Palisades Restaurant, Eggleston Sunday, January 29, 2023, 5:00 - 7:30 PM Admission: Free
The Indian Run Stringband from Blacksburg plays fiddle and banjo foot stomping dance tunes and sings traditional songs with old time harmonies perfect for dancing the two step. Link: http://www.nextthreedays.com/FeaturedEventDetails.cfm?E=682377
If you have any other events to add, please share the details.
Have a great weekend and thanks for reading!
submitted by next3days
to VirginiaTech [link] [comments]
2023.01.27 19:33 sungazr Which Manhattan/Brooklyn neighborhood is best for me (26M)?
I am a single 26 yo male who works from home and I’m planning to move from TX. My rent budget is $3,000/mo and ideally, I would like a studio/1br, but I’m also open to having roommates.
Things I want: - Date and make friends easily with people around my age (Idk anyone in NYC) - Close to night life - Close to places where I can work remotely (cafes, etc.) - Being near creative people (I make music, am into fashion, and want to take pottery classes) - Near asian grocery store - Good food spots - Close to a park - Avoid heavy frat/finance bro vibe
I’ve been looking at East Village, Lower East Side, and Williamsburg. Which one would be best for me? I’m also very open to other suggestions too!
I plan on doing some research and then visiting for a week to find an apartment before I move. Is a week enough time to secure an apartment?
submitted by sungazr
to AskNYC [link] [comments]
2023.01.27 16:33 kiefer-reddit Okay to stay near Taksim for 2+ months?
I am coming to Istanbul for about 2.5 months, starting in February. I've been looking for temporary apartments and have found some good ones around Taksim. Is this a bad idea?
My initial thought was to avoid this area, as it seems like the "Times Square" of Istanbul. If someone was visiting New York, I wouldn't recommend they stay there, and instead went for the West Village, Upper West Side, etc.
- I like to walk a lot (10k+ per day) and plan on doing so daily
- I want to be in close proximity to cafes, art museums, and the major mosques/buildings to see. I am a big fan of Ottoman art and architecture so I think I'd prefer to stay on the European side, rather than somewhere on the Asian side like Moda, as there seem to be more older buildings
- I have to work on my laptop during the day and I'm not "a tourist" so I want an area more livable and not just convenient to seeing stuff
submitted by kiefer-reddit
to istanbul [link] [comments]
2023.01.27 07:17 Djyunfaqp96 Asian man looking to date an American
And no, not for your green card
If you want an authentic Asian experience (east / south east asia), hit me up
Fast facts: 21M, short Asian stereotype (but I'm packing the bruin size down there, dw), enjoys Asian food (will take you to northern cafe and sawtelle often), huge nerd, good at math (and can help with your homework), have some accent
Ideal relationship: if you are looking to date an Asian (duh, and not just Asian American), if you want to come and visit Asia (or migrate there? 😳), and either long term or short term works or hookups (although not my preference)
About you: 18+, any height, major, and simply not Asian (i.e non international student), would be cool to date non Americans too
submitted by Djyunfaqp96
to bruindating [link] [comments]
2023.01.26 10:42 sillymanbilly American abroad unsure about path forward
I'm a self-taught frontend developer, and I've been living in Asia for 5 years. While abroad, I taught English while learning web dev in my free time, and recently, I got my first full-time dev job at an outsourcing company that needs help with project management for new English-speaking clients (the reason they hired me). The job is great for me to build real experience now because I'm basically a junior dev now and they want me on the front lines doing real development with my team so in about 6 months, I can lead some projects and help them get more contracts. At that point, they'll want me doing no coding, just management, because frankly, paying me to just be a junior dev is not worth it to them since there are Asian peers who will do it for 1/4 of my salary. So they're investing in me and letting me grow as a dev first.
Right now, I'm very happy to be working with great industry-standard tech such as React with NextJS, Strapi, styled-components, MUI, and Storybook as well as being under some very talented senior devs who help me learn a lot, so I'm grateful to use these things and learn in a real setting.
However, my long term goal is to be a stable and well-rounded dev back in the US, so I worry that if I follow their lead and move into management too quickly, it will look negative on my CV when I'm ready to move back to the US and seek to apply for a junior level job in a year or two.
Do you think it's better to move with this company into management despite still being a very green new dev or should I apply for other dev jobs when it comes to the point where they don't let me do dev work anymore?
submitted by sillymanbilly
to cscareerquestions [link] [comments]