Top rated wet cat food
Fast food news, reviews, and discussion
2008.06.15 20:41 Fast food news, reviews, and discussion
The /FastFood subreddit is for news, reviews, and discussions of fast food (aka quick-service), fast casual, and casual restaurants -- covering everything fast food from multinational chains, regional and local chains, independent and chain cafeterias and all-you-can-eat restaurants, independent and chain diners, independent hole-in-the-wall restaurants, convenience store and gas station prepared food, food trucks and food carts, the neighborhood taqueria, street vendors, etc.
2010.02.02 15:53 Yasoos Canada Shopping, Deals, Sales, Bargains
Good deals online for Canadians
2015.09.23 18:59 jontheboss Unknown Videos
A place to watch and share great undiscovered videos with too few views. Thus making the unknown become the known. Share your videos to Reddit and find new gems.
2023.02.03 05:10 Main_Statistician681 Is this resume good enough for a project management or logistics internship?
submitted by Main_Statistician681 to resumes [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 05:10 mypetscontrolmylife I bathed my cat with the CC Top Cat Shine shampoo. I'm honestly a bit underwhelmed. For one, it smells like rancid chemicals with a hint of lemon. Secondly, he doesn't look or feel any different than when I use Green Groom Odor Eliminator
2023.02.03 05:06 rutecharts Argentina OKs new 2,000 peso bill as inflation bites, still only worth $5
Argentina will roll out a new 2,000-peso bill, the central bank said on Thursday, which would double the face value of the countrys top denomination bank note, but would still only be worth $11 officially and $5 in commonly used parallel markets.
The South American country is battling one of the worlds highest inflation rates, with prices climbing 95% last year, and a steady devaluation of the peso, which means Argentines and tourists often carry huge stacks of bills to make payments. https://www.wikifx.com/en/newsdetail/202302032134201253.html?gip=TGal13
The largest current bill, the 1,000 peso note, is worth just $2.70 on the alternative markets most people use to exchange currency, including through formal money exchange firms. Buying dollars at the official rate is strictly limited.
Given the new 2,000 peso note would still leave Argentinas largest tender as one of the lowest-valued in the region, a 5,000 peso bill is being studied, according to a source from the central bank, though has not yet been given approval.
“The 2,000 peso denomination will be integrated into the current peso series,” the central bank said in a statement. It did not directly refer to the rising pressures of inflation or say when the new note would enter the market.
submitted by rutecharts
to u/rutecharts [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 05:06 TheUnNaturalist (M27) My fiance (26F) doesn't understand finances and I can't ask about money without her freaking out at me.
My fiance and I are both university-educated professionals from lower-income families, and we own a home together and are currently planning and paying for our wedding. I, for one, think our relationship is really strong and healthy. We almost never fight, and when we do, it's always resolved in short order.
The only reliable source of struggle for us is the subject of finances. She makes more than I do since her last raise, which is absolutely fine by me. I want her to succeed and thrive - the problem isn't anything to do with jealousy or control.
The trouble is that - given how tight money is with everything these days - the wedding has put a bit of an extra pinch on our financial situation, and I am trying to find ways to cut costs
. I have reduced my own spending almost as much as possible. With our mortgage almost double what it was a year ago, my entire paycheque goes into just covering the mortgage payments and buying food.
So, naturally, if money is so tight for me that I haven't been able to justify a trip to the mechanic (in the 5 months since my check engine light came on), I want to figure out how she is paying for the third amazon package that's arrived this month.
But my fiance has ways
of doing banking.
- Every recurring payment goes on her debit card, tied to a basic banking account with no bonus perks to it.
- She needs to keep $4000 in each of her accounts MINIMUM at all times or she feels anxious.
- Her credit card is a basic, entry-level Air Miles card, but she avoids using it if she can and has never logged in or collected on her Air Miles.
- She has been saving for the wedding for months, setting aside thousands in her own personal savings account while our line of credit (used for energy-retrofitting our home) accrues interest at a rate at least 3x greater than the account holding those funds.
These are just a handful of examples of this. And most of these issues have very simple explanations and solutions that would save us money. Every time I bring up the subject of finances, she will (within minutes) be absolutely pissed and furious, often outright leaving the room in the middle of me begging her to just let me explain.
She makes it very clear from how she talks about money that she thinks about money in terms of physical assets that clearly belong to one person
or the other. (That is, "I made the money that goes toward X.") But almost all our expenses are shared, with the person who pays those expenses being largely the result of historical accident (I pay for insurance, she pays for internet, etc, etc), and even though she keeps telling me to charge things to our joint account, she refuses to use a higher-rewards joint credit card to keep track of expenses jointly - it's all gotta be debit.
I am a math and science teacher. I worked with troubled teenagers specifically, and I have no idea how to approach this issue. I get that there is probably some kind of childhood trauma around money, or maybe around having trouble with math? But no matter how my times or ways I try to address this stuff, it ends with her in a ball of stress and me just emotionally exhausted.
What the hell do I do?
poor word choice
submitted by TheUnNaturalist
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:59 baby-kaif [Fluff] Which Ubers should I use
2023.02.03 04:59 lillychild1 Can warm aluminum charge or destroy my device??
This seems like a silly question but I need to know. Today I bought food and it came in a very hot aluminum container. After two bites I had to leave so I stuffed the container in my bag on top of my beats headphones. About an hour later I tried to use the headphones but I was having difficulties. It wouldn't light up or make the on/off sounds and it came up on my phone as fully charged, when I left it at 35%. It still works but it won’t leave 100% and it won’t light up, or make the on/off sounds. Is it because of the hot aluminum?
submitted by lillychild1
to ElectricalEngineering [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:56 aestherisms [REQ] Stranded mid-cross-country move.
Stranded mid-cross-country move.
My husband and I set out to move from WA state to IL on the 27th of January. Husb and friend 1 are in the uhaul with our dog, myself and friend 2 are driving with my cat and my snakes.
It was supposed to be a three day trip, with sleeping in shifts and a hotel in the middle to reset. It was supposed to be smooth. So far, the car that myself and friend 2 are in has ended up in a shop because of a rock in the middle of the road destroying the front passenger tire during a snowstorm, one of my snakes is dead because the jolt of the impact caused a head injury that she couldnt recover from, we're almost a week late showing up for our lease, and we have run out of money.
Insurance found me at fault (I'm too tired to fight back, though I dont understand how I'm at fault for hitting something I couldn't see in a snowstorm at 3am) and is only willing to help once we pay 500$ first. We get no rental to help finish the trip, and even if we do somehow manage that, our car will be left in Montana and i don't know what to do either way. We're at a hotel for the night with my last 100$, we're in the middle of Montana and were expected in IL this past Monday. We have no working vehicle, no money for gas or food, and this is our last night in a warm place to sleep unless something gives or I find a miracle.
I'm exhausted and I have no idea what to do. If anyone can help us at all, please let me know. I'm tapped out of emotions and resources. Thank you.
submitted by aestherisms
to Need [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:53 RockyRuCpog I can’t take this shit anymore (TW: discussion of ED, I say how much I weigh, SA)
I hate hanging out with people irl, it drains my energy. The only people I can stand are my sister and my best friend. After hanging out with them I still feel drained but at least I can enjoy their presence more. I love all my friends but keeping the happy energetic personality gets to be a struggle. I work at Starbucks and it’s truly painful to keep on my nice customer service voice and face while I’m being yelled at for not making someones drink hot enough. I wish I could simply rest my face and not be fake but when I do people always ask me if I’m mad. Whenever I talk normally people say I’m rude but I’m not trying to be.
I should express that I don’t plan on killing myself, I’ve tried 4 times and nothing works so I’ve given up lmao. My other reasons are my sister, my friends, my cats, and the most pathetic reason for living, fucking genshin impact. I’ve spent 2k on that account and I don’t plan on abandoning it, make fun of me if you wish but I’m way to invested in the story to not see the end.
I struggle with controlling my anger, I’m able to push it down but I just pop and end up breaking things. People love to push me to my breaking point even when I tell them I’m already on the verge of an episode and I need to be alone.
Even after 1 1/2 months in residential treatment and 4 months in a therapy program nobody takes me seriously. My mom thinks I can just stop being mentally ill. She thinks I can overcome all of this if I just stop “letting it control me”. Every time I try to she always ruins my progress. Everything I learned in residential, php, and iop she has taken away. I try to use my coping skills but she never leaves me alone.
Another thing my mom loves to berate me about it’s my weight. I’ve had an eating disorder since I was 7 because I used to do gymnastics. That fucking sport destroyed my confidence. All of the coaches yelled at me if I ate anything unhealthy and they encouraged me and the other kids to count our calories. My mom must have picked up a few things from my gymnastic coaches and to this day she loves to mention everything thats wrong with me. For a year she would tell me how I’m getting fat, I was 5’1 and 118 pounds. Now she gets mad at me for being too skinny, I’m now 5’2 and 93 pounds. When I do eat it’s usually fast food or just chicken tenders but she still tells me how I’m gonna get fat if I keep eating like that. Like wtf, am I too skinny or am I fat? PICK A FUCKING SIDE! Then she wonders why I don’t eat in public or why I go into my room to eat. 😐
She tells me I’m too weak to be a man (I’m trans ftm). Everyone says I’m weak like yeah i fucking know so stop telling me. Just bc I’m out as a man doesn’t mean I need to suddenly get all buff and strong.
My mom still denies that I was sexually assaulted when I was younger. If ur kid tells you multiple times that he was raped on multiple occasions it’s not a fucking lie. In kindergarten the little shit would chase me around the playground and grab me. As a kid it was genuinely terrifying and I was scared of him. All the adults just said “Oh he just has a crush on you” but I feel like when ur son comes home crying it might be more then a crush.
Another golden story of adults not believing me! I actually repressed this memory for so long I can only remember certain things about it. I was having a private lesson with my gymnastics coach (who I was very vocal about not liking for months). My mom setup a private lesson and she walked in to see him assaulting me. She immediately removed me and my little sister from that gym but instead of sending my to therapy she sent me to this lady. Idk what happened there but I can remember the lady putting weird sticky things on my head and having me do weird paintings games on her computer.
My memories of what happened were triggered in 2021, I was bringing my sister to gymnastics and I saw the scumbag. He came up to my car to talk to me and suddenly all the memories came rushing back to me and I cried the whole drive home. When I ask my mom about it she just tells me I’m making it up. I don’t think I’m making this up, I literally spiraled into a deep depression right after I remembered.
I’m sorry if this is incomprehensible, I’m just typing out my feelings rn.
Idfk what to do anymore
The only reason I’m venting here is bc I don’t want to lose my friends by telling them my problems. I really just need a therapist at this point but I can’t find one. I’m so done.
(btw if you do comment please avoid talking about how much I weigh)
submitted by RockyRuCpog
to Vent [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:52 Fresh-Kale-1114 My cat got into my walls
I live in an apartment building. I had my cat in the storage room while I was eating dinner (he tries to eat my food otherwise), and then after I cleaned up and everything I went to let him out and the panel to the inside of the wall was open and he was gone. I couldn't see him and I was calling him and shaking treats and he wasn't coming. I’m phoning my parents and freaking out and they aren't answering and then there's a knock at my door. It's my neighbour. Holding my cat. He had travelled under both our bathtubs, popped out the panel in THEIR storage room, and waltzed into their apartment. And their cat was just like wtf.
submitted by Fresh-Kale-1114
to cats [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:52 doc_mcshottie Trying to get close out my HIR CC debt by end of year
So when I was young and dumb, I got sears card as my first credit card. And I’ve kept it, it’s my only one. Last year I called in to up my limit and reduce my interest rate. And realized cards like that (now it’s called Shop Your Way) have extremely high interest rates. Super dumb, go me…
Anyhow, I’ve had this card for maybe a decade, I’m currently sitting at $4810 in debt with a $10,400 limit. I’ve been paying the minimum this whole time(also super dumb, I know), and the monthly interest comes out to 2.13%. I’m doing better financially and I can afford to start chipping away at this debt.
Currently make $30/hour, $850/mo rent, maybe $500ish in other various bill, $400/mo in gas. No wife, no kids, so food costs are pretty low. (I’m currently pushing to make the swap to salary $70-$75k)
Trying to figure out what my monthly payment should be, with this high interest rate, to close out this debt by end of year. (Minimum monthly payment has been around $142, bumped my recurring payments to $300 for the time being, starting on Monday) Any help is greatly appreciated. Happy to provide more info if needed
(Additionally, any input on the following is appreciated, I was never taught much about credit growing up, but it’s my understanding once I zero out this debt it’s best to keep this account open as it is long history of credit? Again, I’ve had it for about 10 years)
submitted by doc_mcshottie
to personalfinance [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:51 TraditionalReply506 Are these Ubers good? Just beat empires of cats chapter 3 and I’m planning on starting on stories of legends before itf [Fluff]
2023.02.03 04:50 Insipidus777 [fluff] still fairly new, wondering which of these are good if any? Currently using Garu, greater demon cat
2023.02.03 04:49 fuzzy_womack Could this cause giant spike in electric bill? Customer says bill has doubled recently. This is what I found wrong….going to replace it all regardless.
2023.02.03 04:48 trentooon Thoughts on Flexvolt Advantage Combo?
submitted by trentooon to Dewalt [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:47 kalipapers How to Cheat on Math Test, How to Cheat on Mymathlab, How to Cheat on Online Exams, How to Cheat on Online Proctored Exams, How to Cheat on Zoom Exam, How to Cheat on Zoom Exams
My name is Kalipapers, I have developed my expertise as an online tutor and researcher over the years. I am an experienced technical writer and can provide you with quality reports, essays, summaries and more.
You can also rely on me for expertise in handling online classes like MyOpenmath, Mystatlab, statistics and data analysis, computer science, programming and business reports. You can reach me through
Email 📨 [[email protected]
) Discord kalipapers#1373 WhatsApp 📲 https://wa.me/message/SY6R6C5P7RUCB1
Checkout my reviews -> https://www.reddit.com/kalivouches/comments/qn1hlv/vouches_for_kalipapers/
What you get:
- Cheap pricing
With our competitive rates, you can trust that you are getting the best value for your money. 2. Plagiarism free
Delivered work is 100% plagiarism-free and tailored to the style and guidelines that you provide.
3. Personalized services
You get constant updates on your work 24/7 4. Timely delivery
We understand the importance of deadlines and prioritize timely delivery. All assignments are delivered on time. Do you have an online class? I will handle it for you, every assignment, exam, or discussion post will be submitted on time. 5. Free revisions
In case you are not satisfied with the assignment help provided, we offer free revisions to ensure that you get the best results. 6. Quality work
Our team of experts are passionate about delivering top-notch results. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with the assignment help delivered. HMU if you need help in any of the following courses:
• Statistics: AP Statistics Biostatistics Business Statistics Elementary Statistics Intro to Statistics Psychology Statistics Social Science Statistics Statistics & Probability Statistical Methods Statistical & Probability Models
• Math: Advanced Functions Algebra Calculus 1, 2, 3 (and 4 in some schools) Vector Calculus Differential Calculus Integral Calculus Multivariable Calculus Differential Equations Discrete Math Discrete Structures Finite Mathematics Functions Geometry Linear Algebra Precalculus Probability Real Analysis Statistics Trigonometry Quantitative Methods & Reasoning
• Science: Anatomy & Physiology Astronomy Biochemistry Biology Chemistry (General, Inorganic & Organic) Dental / Pre-Dental Earth Science Engineering (Almost All Types) Environmental Science Epidemiology Fluid & Mechanics Geology Geophysics Medicine / Pre-Med Microbiology Neuroscience Physics Physical Science
• Business: Accounting Auditing Banking Business Administration Business Law Corporate Finance Cost Accounting Econometrics Economics Finance Financial Institutions Financial Reporting Global Economics Governance International Economics Macroeconomics Management Marketing MBA Courses Mergers and Acquisitions Microeconomics Operations Management Principles of Accounting Real Estate Taxation
submitted by kalipapers
to kalivouches [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:47 Direct_Ad18 Brunch with live music - UWS or UES?
Ideally jazz but will take acoustic, piano, anything live as long as the food is top notch. Saw a bunch of jazz clubs on UWS but looking for a food first music second kind of place. Seems most I've found are music first and food is an afterthought. Any recommendations?
submitted by Direct_Ad18
to FoodNYC [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:45 AutoModerator [SHARE COURSE] Biaheza – Full Dropshipping Course
Good day to everyone, I am selling the Biaheza Dropshipping course for a fraction of the original price (only $25)
We accept paypal & credit card, email us for any questions, or if you want to pay using a different method, at the contact us on the top page : Click Here to Contact Us Link Download: https://www.genkicourses.com/product/biaheza-dropshipping-course-complete/ How I launched a multi-million dollar company from my bedroom.
Unlike most courses, I do not discuss regurgitated strategies that should work “in theory” and “mindset.” Instead, we take it step by step and create a real-live dropshipping store that makes over $1,000 on its first full day of operation (profitable right from the get-go). I explain everything along the way and discuss how I plan to scale much higher from there!
THE biaheza dropshipping course FEATURES
The primary goal of this course is to assist beginners in creating a Shopify store and marketing it through TikTok ads. As Facebook ads became more stringent, expensive, and ineffective, many dropshippers quietly shifted to TikTok.
People have grown accustomed to longer shipping times as a result of the pandemic. When combined with how effective and profitable Tik Tok ads are right now, I honestly don’t think there has ever been a better time to get into dropshipping.
This is the most revealing piece of content I’ve ever released, as I even reveal some of my personal best-selling products.
My process for opening these stores is fairly consistent, which means you can use these exact steps to open your own.
Full Dropshipping Course 2022 Curriculum INTRO
- How Dropshipping Really Works
- The Four Pillars of Dropshipping
- Should You Outsource Everything?
- Checklist for Products that Actually Sell
- Where Do You Find Winning Products?
- Revealing Products I’ve Sold in the Past
- What Type of Store Should You Start?
- Explaining The Product We’re Choosing
- Creating a Shopify Website From Scratch Step by Step
- High Conversion Rate Product Page Tips
- Creating the Product Page Step by Step
- Importing Reviews to Product Page
- Final Branded Website Result
- Where to get Content for Advertisements
- Creating a Real Advertisement
- TikTok Organic Marketing
- Creating Company Social Media Pages
- Finished Winning TikTok Page Layout
- How TikTok Ads Work
- Setting Up a TikTok Ad Account
- Running the Store to $1,000 in One Day
- Dealing with Common Issues/ Disapproved Ads
- Scaling the Tik-Tok Ads
- Other Forms of Social Media Marketing
- How to Mass Fulfill Orders
- How to Use the Fulfillment Software Step by Step
- Taxes and Legal
- How to Set up Customer Support
- Company Social Media Pages (Very Important)
- My Full Instagram Theme Page Marketing Strategy:
- What is the Facebook Pixel and How to Install it
- My Full Facebook Ads Marketing Strategy
- How to Create Viral Advertisements
- Setting up Lookalike Audiences
submitted by AutoModerator
to CoursesFor4Cheap [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:43 JacqueKn1fe Hoyoverse gradually setting up a legendary dining experience.
2023.02.03 04:40 captmorgan50 Principles of Navigating Big Debt Crises by Ray Dalio Book Summary
Principles of Navigating Big Debt Crises
- Policy makers have 4 levers to pull when dealing with debt
- Debt defaults/Restructurings
- Central Bank printing money "QE"
- Transfers of money and credit
- The first 2 are deflationary and the latter 2 are inflationary. Which levers the policy makers pull determine who benefits and who suffers. This process is painful for everyone
- Template of a debt crisis
- Typically occur because debt and debt service costs rise faster than the incomes needed to service that debt
- Usually, a central bank can alleviate typical debt crises by lowering interest rates, but severe crises occur when that is no longer possible. IE - 0% interest rates
- Classically, a lot of short-term debt cycles leads to a long-term debt cycle.
- Long term debt cycles are just bigger versions of short-term debt cycles
- During the upswing, credit is freely available and people are willing to take on more risk
- Credit is cut during a crisis. Asset prices fall, debtors have trouble servicing debt, investors get scared and cautious which leads to liquidity problems
- Deflationary Depressions – typically occur in countries where most of the debt is financed by the local currency
- Inflationary Depressions – typically occur in countries where most of the debt is financed by foreign currency
- Positive effects of debt cycles come first; negative come later
- Typically, the worst debt bubbles are not accompanied by high and rising inflation, but by asset price inflation financed by debt growth
- This is because policymakers make the mistake of accommodating debt growth because they are focused on inflation and/or growth, not on debt growth itself, the asset inflations they are producing, and whether or not debts will be able to be serviced
- It is the tightening of monetary policy that usually pops a bubble
- No specific event or shock caused the stock market bubble to burst in 1929
- During a severe economic downturn, protectionist/populist policies begin to rise and outrage over the governments role in "bailing out" financial institutions
- Once policymakers shift their attention to increasing financial regulation and oversight, that typically signals the of the big debt cycle
- It is typically the case that the first tightening or policy does not hurt stocks and the economy
- By 1937, all currencies had all devalued a lot against Gold, but not so much against each other
- Gold bullion is the only asset that has no counterparty risk
Classic Deflationary Debt Cycle
- Early – Debt is not growing faster than incomes. Debt is financing activities that produce growth. Known as "Goldilocks" period
- Bubble – Debt is rising faster than incomes and this produces strong asset returns and growth. This process is generally self-reinforcing because it allows people to borrow more. This can go on for decades. These are short term cycles but lots of them adding up can lead to a long-term debt cycle
- Usually start from Bull markets. Lower interest rates drive asset prices higher, which leads to economic growth and the ability to take on more debt
- Lending standards are reduced as people and business lever up
- Lenders and speculators make lots of fast/easy money which reinforces the bubble
- As a bubble nears the top of the cycle, the economy is the most vulnerable, but people are feeling the wealthiest and the most bullish
- The Boom encourages new speculators into the market further driving up prices
- Humans by nature tend to move in crowds and weight recent experiences more heavily. This causes people to extrapolate too much from the recent past in both up and down markets
- Central banks usually target inflation or inflation/growth and don't target the management of bubbles, the debt growth they enable can go on to finance the creation of bubbles. And the bursting of bubbles can cause severe economic pain
- Don't only look at one metric to serve as an indicator of a debt crisis
- Monetary policy, in many cases, helps inflate the bubble rather than constrain it
- How to Spot a Bubble
- Prices are high relative to traditional measures
- Broad bullish sentiment
- Purchases are financed by high leverage
- New buyers enter the market
- Buyers make very forward purchases to speculate or protect themselves from future price gains
- Stimulative monetary policy reinflates the bubble and tight monetary policy contributes to its popping
- The Top – prices have been driven by a lot of leveraged buying and the market gets fully long, leveraged, and overpriced, it becomes rip for reversal
- Most often occurs when the central bank starts to tighten and interest rates rise for whatever reason
- This causes a debt service squeeze and hurts asset prices. Which reduces the amount of money lenders are willing to lend out as they become cautious
- Investors move from risk assets to less risky assets slowing down growth
- A negative "wealth effect" occurs when one's wealth declines, which leads to less lending and spending. This is due to both negative psychology and financial condition
- Yield curve is usually flat or inverted
- People are incentivized to move into cash just before the crash which itself slows down lending
- Unemployment is low
- The more leverage that exists and the higher the prices, the less tightening it takes to prick the bubble and the bigger the bust that follows
- Immediate post bubble period
- People mistakenly judge the decline to be a buying opportunity and find "cheap" stocks failing to see that earning are likely to decline much more. They extrapolate too much from the recent past
- Wealth falls first and incomes fall later, creditworthiness worsens, which constricts lending activity, this hurt spending and lowers investments and makes borrowing more difficult
- As asset prices fall, the lenders tighten lending standards which hurts spending and investment
- This causes people to sell investments to raise cash which causes more driving down of prices and is a self-reinforcing cycle
- The "Depression"
- In a normal recession, cutting interest rates can stimulate the economy. But in a depression, rates can't be cut because they are already at 0%
- The central banks have to go to alternative ways to stimulate the economy. IE – "QE" or printing money or stimulus
- Declines of 50% of people's assets are common
- As the depression begins, defaults and restructurings hit the various people. Especially leveraged ones (Banks)
- Runs on banks are common
- At this stage of the cycle, debt defaults and austerity dominate which are deflationary
- People financial condition worsens, which makes lenders more reluctant to loan money. Which slows down the economy
- Usually, institutions and policymakers have learned from the past, but not every depression is the same as before and this catches them off guard. It doesn't tend to play out like the last one that they are defending against
- If the central bank prints money to alleviate the credit shortage, it can cause inflation if not careful
- A big part of this deleveraging process is that people discover that much of what they thought they of as wealth was simply other people promises to give them money. And now those promises are not being kept and that wealth isn't real
- Fear cascades through the system, and these fears feed on themselves and lead to a scramble for cash that results in a shortage (investors sell assets)
- The depression phase is dominated by deflationary forces of debt reduction
- The investor class experiences a tremendous loss of "real" wealth, and as a result, they become extremely defensive, they seek safety in liquid investments like bonds, gold or cash
- The 4 options policymakers have for dealing with the depression
- They are typically slow to react initially because they don't want to bail out the people who got themselves into problems
- Austerity – Usually the most obvious thing to do. But it doesn't bring the debt and income into balance. Government revenues fall and demands for government services rise which cause deficits to rise and subsequent rise in taxes. All this is bad
- "QE" or Printing Money – The moves come in progressively larger doses as more modest initial attempts to rectify the imbalances fail. However, those early efforts typically produce bear market rallies
- Debt defaults/Restructurings – You have to clean out the bad debt so the flow of money can continue to return to prosperity.
- Redistribute the Wealth – Wealth gaps increase during bubbles and they become glaring during the hard times. Political populism tends to take hold after this time period. Taxes on the rich become common talking points. Central bank purchases of assets disproportionally help the rich
- Stocks usually fall 50%
- Currency devaluation will usually be 50% against gold
- Deficits widen to 6% of GDP
- Economic activity falls about 10%
- Unemployment is 10-15%
- Aggressive stimulation usually occurs about 2-3 years into a depression
- The "Beautiful Deleveraging"
- Happens when the policymakers move the 4 levers in a balanced way
- Printing money during this phase doesn't necessarily cause inflation. It won't if its offsets falling credit and the deflationary forces. If income is growing faster than debt, you will be ok. However, if debt is growing faster than income, you can have a problem.
- But central bankers can abuse the stimulative policy's and cause a "ugly inflationary deleveraging" IE – Weimer Germany in the 1920's
- Printing money and debt monetization/government guarantees are inevitable in depressions in which interest rate cuts won't work (IE – Already at 0%)
- All the deleveraging eventually led to big waves of money creation, fiscal deficits, and currency devaluations (against gold, commodities, and stocks)
- In the end, policy makers always print money because it is the easiest
- Austerity causes more pain than benefit
- Big restructuring wipes out too much wealth too fast
- Redistributing of sufficient size doesn't happen without a revolution
- Pushing on a string phase
- Late in the cycle, the policy makers have to be careful because their stimulative policies effects have diminished.
- Economy usually enters a low growth and low return of assets
- The danger of this phase is that too much money printing and subsequent devaluation can cause a "ugly inflationary deleveraging" to occur
- Monetary Policy 1
- Usually try to lower interest rates first. If that doesn't work, they go to 2
- Monetary Policy 2
- "QE" or printing money and buying financial assets. But over time, QE's ability to stimulate the market is reduced as asset prices are high and risk premiums are low. IE – investors don't want to buy expensive assets that are projected to have low returns. Investors move into cash for protection which makes further QE less and less effective
- Sometimes at this phase, policy makers monetize debt in even larger quantities in an attempt to compensate for QE reduced effectiveness. This may provide a short-term boost but there is a real risk that prolonged monetization will lead people to question the currency's suitability as a store of value. This can cause investors to rush to safe havens like Gold
- At some point, low interest rates and low premiums on risk assets from monetary policy 2 don't work anymore and policy makers look to Monetary Policy 3 to stimulate the economy
- Monetary Policy 3 – Where the US is at in 2020
- Puts money directly into the hands of spenders instead of investors/savers and incentivizes them to spend it
- Government provides direct or indirect stimulus payments in many different forms
- System gets back to normal. But this usually takes 5-10 years and economic activity is slow during this time frame. And it takes investors a very long time to get comfortable taking the risk of holding equities again
- Reserve currency countries that don't have significant foreign currency debt can have inflationary depressions, they usually emerge more slowly and later in the process, after sustained and repeated overuse of stimulus to reverse a deflationary deleveraging.
- If a reserve-currency country permits much higher inflation in order to keep growth stronger by printing lots of money, it can further undermine demand for the currency, erode its reserve currency status (IE make investors view it less as a store of wealth) and turn its deleveraging into an inflationary one
Classic Inflationary Debt Cycle
- Countries with the worst debt problems, a lot of debt denominated in a foreign currency, and a high dependence on foreign capital typically have severe currency weakness. This currency weakness is what causes inflations when there is a depression
- Inflationary Depression can happen to any country but are most likely if
- Don't have reserve currency
- Have low foreign exchange reserves
- Have large foreign debt
- Have large and increasing budget and/or deficit
- Have negative real interest rates
- History of high inflation
- 5 Stages of debt cycle. Follow the deflationary cycle until the depression stage
- Early – Low debt levels. Productive Investments. Attraction of foreign capital due to investment returns. Usually enter into a foreign exchange market to sell their currency for the incoming foreign currency to prevent it from rising and keep their exports attractive.
- Bubble – Good asset returns, strong capital inflows, and strong economic conditions create a self-reinforcing cycle. But debts are rising faster than incomes. Asset prices are bid up and increasingly financed by debt. Country becomes the "hot" place to invest and investors who were never involved want in which sets the country up for a reversal. Country becomes reliant on debt and foreign capital rather than productivity for gains. Stocks might average 20% per year for several years during this phase
- Top – Bubble bursts. The inflows of capital which caused the bubble are reversed. Asset prices fall, interest rates rise and banks fail. Could come from some type of shock like a reduction in oil prices. Worry increases on the part of both asset/currency holders and policymakers who are trying to support the currency. Investors worry about their ability to get their money out which causes them to get it out while they still can
- Central bankers first make bold statements about defending the currency
- Central banks then try to defend their currencies but these rarely work
- Spending down reserves
- Raising rates
- Last line of defense before they give up is to install capital controls which never works
- Depression – Policy makers stop fighting and let the currency decline. A gradual and persistent currency decline causes the market to expect continued future currency depreciation which isn't good. Most countries do a one-off devaluation so it catches the market off guard. Policy makers usually say they will continue to defend the currency right up until they don't. After policy makers let the currency go, people push to get their money out of the currency.
- Usually, 30% decline in the currency
- 50% fall in equities in local currency and even worse in foreign currency
- Normalization – Supply demand balance return. Typically takes investors a few years to return (2-3). But the price of domestic goods and labor fell with the currency making it an attractive investment for foreign investors, which helps growth
- If countries continue to prop up growth rather than bring spending in line with income. And this is done repeatedly over the years, a hyperinflation episode can result
- Inflation psychology sets in with the public. Currency declines inspire additional flight, which causes a feedback loop
- People totally lose faith in the currency as a store of value
- How to invest during a hyperinflation episode – Short the currency, get your money out of the country, buy commodities (Gold), and invest in commodity industries (Gold, Oil, etc)
submitted by captmorgan50
to SilverDegenClub [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:40 BorEqua Not feeding officers?
Word just came down in my unit that officers are no longer going to be provided food at drill weekends, in situations where enlisted are. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy food while at drill, but there's no way this is allowed, right?
Like I get that not every meal is provided. But if they're already getting DFAC/catering for the enlisted guys it just doesn't seem to make sense. Not to mention that my buddies who went active are fed the same rate their enlisted are.
Oh and I'll have a small fries and shake since apparently that's all I'm getting today.
submitted by BorEqua
to nationalguard [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:38 Huge-Judgment7404 NOP: An Unconventional Rescue (Part 9/?)
/ [PREVIOUS] Memory Transcription Subject: Jonah Ahab, Human Civilian Date [standardized human time]: 14 February 2137
The ride to the base was, so far, pretty silent. I knew that Viath liked it that way, and it allowed me time to ruminate on what I’ve experienced recently.
Something about my silence must have perturbed the arxur, who gently prodded me with the backside of his claw.
“You’re, uh… a bit quieter than usual.”
This surprised me for just a moment, but I just kinda slowly nodded and returned to leaning on the door of the modified jeep.
…This, apparently, did not sit well with him.
“…I… suppose you’re not quite ready to… talk about that.”
…Well, he was right.
“…You can guess that I… never really had to… talk to anyone about this-“
“It’s fine, it’s… it’s fine.”
“…That’s… more to say that I… worry that I might say the wrong thing, and that would… make you- or, make me say- Oh, I’m… really having to think about what I’m saying as I’m saying it.”
“Please, take your time.”
“…Was this… your first?”
“…My first real fight?”
“I mean, there was what you called a ‘fight club,’ but-“
“It… was the first time I really had to… you know, defend my life… overtly.”
“I… I don’t like how I can’t really… help in that sense. It’s basically been that my whole life. Working through someone just going through it for the first time, it’s… not something I’ve had addressed… comfortingly.”
“…If it’s any consolation, I don’t think you’re doing a bad job.”
I saw Viath looking left and right briefly in his reflection on the windshield before he brought the car to the side of the road, parking. I looked around, seeing if there was anything here that would have caused him to park. I turned to him and to my surprise, he brought himself upon me, wrapping his arms around me. That moment still fresh in my memory, I panicked a little, scrambling my arms around, which seemed to be enough to signal him to stop and release me.
“Woah, woah, Jonah, Jonah, easy, easy!”
“Wha-?! I-?! Y-?”
“Argh, sorry, sorry! That was dumb of me.”
“Y- …You were… trying to hug me…”
“Again, I should have remembered part of that was him grabbing you-“
My breathing was becoming heavier and heavier beyond my control. I dove my face into his shoulder and grabbed onto him as I began to weep. Viath brought his arms back together behind me as I rocked side to side in his embrace. I continued to unload my emotions to him in that car as he started scratching the back of my head.
“I’m… I’m- Am I… doing this ‘consoling’ thing right? I-“
“Just… just give me a bit, please.”
I pressed myself further into him, letting out a great scream muffled by his scaly musculature. He held me tight, tighter, yet tighter, as I let all of it burst forth, tears smearing between my skin and his.
Eventually, I felt that the bulk of it had come and gone. I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear-view mirror, my eyes greatly bloodshot and my nose runny. I pulled out a mini-pack of tissues from my coat pocket, blowing as hard as I could out one side, then the other. I looked around the vehicle for a place to put this, giving the tissue a brief glimpse of the humongous loogie I had just expelled. Eventually, I just settled on the cupholder, promising to myself that I’d remember to throw it out later.
“Are you feeling better?”
“Yes… thank you, Viath.”
“Any time. …Are you… ready to meet up with Behe-em?”
“…Is there a… a bathroom near us? I… I probably don’t want to show up all… bloodshot and all.”
“Oh, yeah, there should be a…”
Viath looked around the area he parked in before landing on something.
“Oh, the Waffle House… Geez, considering how close it was to the city, you’d think it’d look worse for wear. There’s, like, maybe a crack in the ‘W’ on the sign-“
“Wait a minute…”
I shot back up to look at the Waffle House sign, looking around for the crack, finding it quickly.
“…I distinctly remember there being two cracks there?”
“Yeah, there’s always been two cracks there! And they sure as s&^t didn’t fix it!”
“…When do you remember there being two cracks?”
“Like, I went there the week before the bombing, those cracks were there!”
“You mean to tell me that the only damage this building suffered was the loss of a crack?!”
“Hey, man, Waffle House after the bars close is another beast entirely. That fight club was one thing, do not f%$k around with that, that’s when the druggies show up.”
“Yeah, crackheads and the sort. Hell, the employees actually are required to be able to hold their own against a belligerent opponent.”
“You are funny little ape people, you know that, right?”
“Yee! …But, yeah, in this state, probably not Waffle House… Oh, how about that taco shop?”
“You want me to come with, or-?”
I opened the door and slunk myself off of the seat, feet landing onto the concrete below.
- - - - -
…So, turns out, checking the address Behe-em gave us, it was an exact match for this taco shop. What a coinkydink. Given my current state, I tried to make for the bathroom without him noticing. I was a little less than successful.
“Jonah, there you are! I-“
“Hi, Behe-em! Sorry, I just really need to use the bathroom real quick.”
“Gotcha, I’ll be here.”
With that, I swooced right into the bathroom, locking the door behind me and making for the sink. I dove one hand to the faucet and one to the soap dispenser and went to work washing hands first, then cupping some water in my hands to wash my face. Looking back at myself in the mirror, the blood vessels in my eyes seemed to have already started contracting. …And since I was in the bathroom already
, might as well-
- - - - -
I exited the bathroom, turning the corner to meet back up with Viath, Behe-em and-
“Oh, Taras! How nice of you to join us!”
“Oh, yeah-! …Are you alright? Your eyes seem-“
“Bloodshot, yeah, it’s good. I just… y’know, kind of still… processing earlier-“
The three arxur made space for me to sit down next to Viath.
“Oh, yeah, Jörmun told me about those two. Apparently someone else got Gyg, and-“
“Yeah, yeah, I… Sorry, I don’t really want to talk about that right now.”
“Understood. You have a chance to look at the menu?”
“…Wait, basically all the meat here is cooked and seasoned? I thought you guys were obligate carnivores?”
Behe-em raised a claw to interrupt.
“Well, we are, but we can process some plant matter.”
“Like – okay, so as some of my recreation, I researched some of your planet’s ecology. Apparently, some of your obligate carnivores eat some amount of plant matter, too. Like cats, for example –“
Viath interrupted quickly.
“Wait, which ones were those again? The ones always following humans around?”
“No, no, they’re the smaller, more solitary but still kinda social ones.”
“Anyway, like, those are obligate carnivores, too, and sometimes they eat certain plants like grass, too. It’s apparently a vitamin nutrient thing, or it soothes their throats, or they do it for sensory purposes or something.”
I was, admittedly, taken aback at this, but I soon cheerily shrugged.
“…You know what? I guess that makes sense. And honestly, good! I was almost worried that so many of our kind’s culinary traditions would be lost on the entire rest of the galaxy!”
Taras chuckled a bit at that comment.
“Oh, believe me, being stationed here has been some of the best eating I’ve ever had! The chili here is divine!”
I glanced at the menu he’s read a few dozen times before, just to see if anything in particular caught his eye.
“Well, shame to say that I didn’t quite realize we’d be meeting at a restaurant, I’d’ve brought more of an appetite with me! I’ll probably go and order their chorizo burrito at some point later. In the meantime, though, I sorta got the impression that you, Behe-em, wanted to discuss something in particular?”
“…Well… Okay, I suppose this is a bit of an awkward discussion. I mean, we know about you and Viath, Taras will have talked a bit about she and I.”
“So… with this newfound ‘freedom,’ we’re, admittedly, kind of… unsure of how some things used to go.”
“So I’ll cut to the chase: we wanted to ask about the possibility of a foursome.”
The table was dead quiet, as were, seemingly, the tables immediately adjacent to our own. Viath and I were quite unsure as to how to proceed with this conversation, but what made it worse was that Behe-em and Taras were waiting for an answer.
“…What do you think, Viath?”
“I mean, I’ve known these two for basically all my life. Pretty familiar with them, all things said.”
“…I mean, I guess… ‘building up to it’ hasn’t really been a thing with you guys, has it?”
“Oh, sorry, is this too sudden? We can-“
“No, no, it’s fine, just… Sorry, do you mind if I get myself into that headspace for a bit?”
Now was Behe-em and Taras’ time to be confused at my response.
“…Um… Sure, yeah. Taras, that’s okay with you, right?”
“Why are you asking me as if I would know?”
Having been given the go-ahead, I started contemplating the potential imminent sexual dynamics at play here, one some guy he choked out over a month ago in front of his peers and low-key established dominance over, another a fun colleague and fellow appreciator of the arts… yeah…
“So your place or ours?”
- - - - -
My NOP Headcanon: Literally every Waffle House in every blast's radius survived basically unscathed, they all are just resting on top of pillars of dirt in the middle of the craters like in the cartoons. They are like the cockroaches of the fast food franchise world.
submitted by Huge-Judgment7404
to NatureOfPredatorsNSFW [link] [comments]
2023.02.03 04:36 Not-a-Baconat0r Idea: other side items in Pancakeria
This is a bit unnecessary, since there's already a drink with the pancakes, but what if there was side breakfast foods that you could fry while your pancakes cook? For example, bacon, sausage; sunny-side up eggs, scrambled eggs, hash brown. Maybe you could even add toppings like in Cheeseria like ketchup or maple syrup. I mean, when I get pancakes at a restaurant, I usually get some sort of side other than my beverage.
submitted by Not-a-Baconat0r
to flipline [link] [comments]